Thursday, April 5, 2012

Blogging activity has been dead recently.

Just came back from Indonesia not too long ago.

So the sudden trip was to renew my passport and make my Indonesia IC, which didnt took too much time, thus had 2 days of shopping and devouring.

Besides that, through updating myself with those around me, I've come to know more about my big family, and other random people.

Indonesia has indeed changed since the last time I went back. The pace of living has increased, perhaps proportionate to the cost of living too because of economy and the recent petrol hike.

The news of the riots infused fear in the city, that they more or less prepare to close shops at 4, and be home at 6, which is greatly to my advantage because traffic is great reduced, and customer flow too. As such, Ive had a closet spree trying out clothes hahas, best thing is they never display black faces!

Oh right, first and foremost, gotta thank Aunt Betty for lending us the family car!! Not many people are willing to lent some "seldom-meet" relative their cars, moreover such an awesome car! And as a result gotta "sacrifice" sitting on 2 wheels.

Then, my awesome grandma that is doing 200 squats a day, who rushed back to meet me as soon as she heard that I am coming. She's more than three quarter decade, yet still so able, so lively, so strong!

Lastly, an awesome family to finally stop nagging and recognizing whatever I do

The first person I talked to was seemingly having a good life, for he is smiling, and taking everything to easy, so confident, and optimistic, yet his life was like 10,000 feet underwater. He was pressurized by a wife who picks on him constantly, a mother-in-law who is fragile and barely recognize anyone, a challenged son to look after, and a growing daughter so is busy with work and hardly home. With all these pressure, I doubt I can take it.

Was sharing with a friend when he says, perhaps, he got used to it. Perhaps. But, to have such huge burden in life, yet under pressure and criticisms of whatever you do, it's a miracle that one did not lose his sanity. No matter how used to it you are, how can you find joy or hope there?

Then, the other side of the picture becomes clear, that he had this one plot of land that is profitable right now. Then again, material possessions apart, dont he feel lonely? That his closed ones are seldom spending conscious quality time with him? I dont know, I used to think that intimacy and relationships, in whatever forms, are just earthly things, that should be forgo and be detached to them like the ways of Buddha. However, as I grow older, I realized how dear everyone is to me. It's like no matter who, I yearn to have a close relationship for them to understand me and for me to understand and care for them.

Then another friend was saying that I couldnt take hardship. Well, true enough. I think, as we grow older, we are getting more and more cowardly, we fear, we fear of losing, we fear of falling, we fear of hurting, we fear of unaccomplished wishes. I told him once, long ago, that if I were to be under threats and torture, I would rather suicide than to live with that. I told my family too, that if I were to lose my conscious like dementia or to be completely handicapped in some important body functions, I'd rather have an euthanasia. So perhaps, Im really a coward, someone unworthy of living life.

Then again, I have an attitude, so too bad I guess, I will do my best to give the best out of me to the world, whatever is left undone, I shall leave it to the world to clear the mess. Talent is a curse, that once you know of it, you got a responsibility to take it and put it to good use, as such, if you do not maximizing it, you will be judged by the society around you. For when you know you are able to achieve something, yet its too late for it, that regret, will be worst than having your lungs stuffed with cotton wools. I will try to unleash my talents, to try to make the best out of it, but if the environment gets too violent, I shall give up. Escapist? Or trying to find alternatives? Or to fight for freedom? You choose.

The countless heroes in the world inspired me to create heroes, just as TEDxSingapore speaker Thaddeus spoke, to not just be inspired, but inspiring, do not just be heroes, but create heroes. I would try to pass whatever I know to people, try to nurture as much people, but I guess, gritting my teeth and bracing the storm isnt really my thing. Since young, I always dreamed of being young masters, to have a smooth life. Maybe, it's just my nature, my personality.

Talent is a curse. You discover you have a talent for something, and suddenly, you are burdened with that awful obligation, "potential." Unfulfilled potential seems to be the highest crime known to humankind, easily outranking murder, assault and petty theft in the annoying persistence of its punishment. quoted from the google search

The TED event was successful, Ive meet people within the committee, as well as talked to some audiences, and also to know the speakers, and from all these come to know the various works of awesome people in TED. With these, I will grab opportunity of future events, to be part of the committee, to be along side with these awesome people that could change the world.

The TED event was so inspiring, that as they ask, what is the one step you would take today? Teaching comes to my mind, entrepreneurship comes to my mind. I want to develop innovative ideas and methods to infuse education in it, like modifying games, creating games, de-bugging games, to fortify it and to equip them with more essence of learning. I shall begin with the few ideas Tai had. Then, it would be Pop Excel, then, it woudl be WuXuan. =D

No comments: