Thursday, March 22, 2012

Today is another whole day of indulging myself in the sea of intelligent movies, which is so because it appears to me as intelligent perhaps because I am not intelligent therefore the existence of things that are beyond my intelligence would be deemed intelligent to me but not to those who are in the field and find it amateurish. Then again, the only thing Socrates know is that he knows nothing, and he finds joy in that, and so do I. Philosophies aside, it's rather great to know that you know nothing, so that everything would be a miracle to you, in doing so, we'll find joy in living.

Okay, you can see I'm going nuts, hahas, some stereotypes of psychologists and philosophies, that they would think alot, and become a patient themselves in the end chanting "Eureka".

Anyway, so the first movie I watched was "The Exam", a 2010 movie about eight people in a room sitting for an exam, a selection test. The whole budget movie takes place in a room. Its like some psychology experiment just like the movie, "the experiment", which mimics the Zimbardo Prison Experiment.

From the movie, a contrast of compassion and determination by hook or by crook is shown. In the end they backstab each other and kills each other, until the compassionate one is all is left. The exam is interesting but not fair, there has got to be guinea pigs to figure it out, like how the previous few tried to write what they think the question is. They are so innocent, they are "taking initiative" thus should be an encouraged behavior too.

Anyway, so from these, we do see human nature, which is why we do not need to learn to push other babies when they possess our possessions, or that territorial behavior we have, or how we took joy in other's misfortune, schadenfreude, why bullies exists, why greed exists. In psychology, thats all the words of ID, dont know why it is so, I do agree with a classmate it stands for Inner Demon. It is the one behind all the impulse just to satisfy a certain hunger.

However, there is a certain argument, like the Bundle Theory, whereby it argues that an object is merely nothing but the combinations of properties, an apple is nothing more than just a group of properties - red, sweet, round, etc. So, a human is nothing but an empty vessel that is filled with properties as well. So what process was taking place when someone possesses such primitive barbaric characteristics?

Then the soul of an object, would be the one that, if taken out, the vessel is nothing. Cutting is the soul of the knife, without this soul, the knife would not need its properties at all. The knife would then be nothing, or can become another form if another soul was infused in it. What then, makes me, me, what makes each individual human, human? The properties we possesses are common to all other too, what is then, our soul? What made us what we are? The soul, what is it made of? Not water, not carbon, not bones, what?

Back to topic, then I watched the last episode of Unriddle 2. Really interesting to find that the efforts of the protagonists are futile, because there was a mastermind behind all their actions. Ofcoz, the plot was excellent, but not the details, but that aside, it's rather crappy to see all the repetitive themes like vengeance and justice. What is the motive behind crimes? Is it possible to apprehend criminals before a crime? If so wouldnt everyone be apprehended because we all are suppressing our desire of committing crimes one way or another.

(Qu’est-ce que c’est? C’est la vie, c’est la mort.)
(What is this? This is life and this is death)

Could murder be a product of love too instead of hatred? A selfish love that only wants the target to oneself, and thus murdered to keep the "whole possession" of the target, including the memories, so that no other memories could intervene.

Anyway, the next movie I watched is the "Oxford Murder", really interesting, especially the famous quote: ‎"The only perfect crime that exists is not the one that remains unsolved, but the one which is solved with the wrong culprit."

In the movie, the twist at the end was excellent, to proof the motive behind all the series of murder, butterfly effect, was all it takes, and the over sensitivity to details and delusion of love.

So after all these movies I thought of something, what makes me, me? Then, if the "me" now, and the "me" 1 hour ago or 1 hour now is different, what changes takes place? the growth of insights? experience? wisdom? So if I trust someone now, it only meant I trust that person right there and then, for it would be different a moment later, same goes with myself, the essence of trust will change for both parties.

I remembered a saying my dad used to say after his meditation course, "Everything is consists of changes".

Anyway, 2 songs I wanna share that compliments each other.

Lost Highway - Kurt Nilsen ft Willie Nelson
About confusion as to where life might lead you to, and about snowball effect.

I've Never Been To Me - Charlene
‎"I've been to paradise but I've never been to me"
Life on a highway and pleasure, yet in the end, it's the simplicity of normal life that would make her life more meaningful...........

No comments: