Saturday, April 21, 2012

四海兄弟满
知己不剩几
伯牙为绝弦
叹思昔日欢

A small reply for a friend as he wrote

酒逢知己饮,诗向会人吟
相识满天下,知心能几人

Though my chinese not at a level to write great poems, I think this is a small reply, a rather forceful one, to just sort of share his sorrows. I was having a HTHT with a close friend of mine the other day. I mentioned about how I find more appreciated and recognized in other groups than this, and that perhaps as days goes by, we sort of have a certain labels and stereotypes of each other, like as if we are a dummy and there are post-its filled with adjectives on us, "lazy", "otaku", "aggressive", etc etc. As such, as days goes by, we are less sensitive to changes in one another. I think there is definitely a certain 2 degree equation graph, where the melody (ur soul mate - one who knows u best) knows the out of you at the maximum point, then decline back down again. So in every relationship, I think there is a certain effort that each got to take, like updating one another or showing concerns to one another, to savour the relationship. If course, this is hard, and might not seems to be worth it for there are many passer-bys in our lives.

So then today I attended a talk on parenting with Tai's mum at Bedok South. Rather glad I was there, to share about my insights and views since I'm closer to their children in a sense I'm also a teen. So there are some concerns on the going astray and sleeping late, etc. Somehow, I felt like I want to follow up with them too so that I can help them create a better parent child relationship in their household. But everything was happening fast, didnt had much chance to network more. Perhaps next time, I could socialize more and who knows I might have a chance for paid tutoring.

So today I felt lousy in tuition. I spent quite sometime coming out with problems, which most of them turn up faulty or too challenging that they became unmotivated. Sigh, gotta improve on that. Then ofcoz, there are those who would go like "throw away the paper larh, all faulty de". In the end, Im rather glad I had one solid sets of questions on algebra and quadratic equations.

Then it comes to the youth program where I helped ZY and JL to lead games. They had fun playing dodge"soft toys" haha. They even had this concept of revival when your group mates caught the soft toy. It gets the game really fun. So after so much fun that I thought it was a wonderful success, they do feel a little "fail", which when they raised it up I was very quick to suppress it, because that was a wrong wrong thought! Since it was so successful, small trivial matters shouldnt matter! So I kept assuring them that they did a great job. It was this point in time where they need approval of what they do, and to experience the industrial success instead of sense of inferiority. I had that sense when I was young, in fact nowadays a little too, so I definitely would not want them to have this feeling, but to empower and encourage them.

So then, my plan of going the East Meadow houses cancelled because both houses arent free. Sigh. So as I make my way back, I wrote a long msg, though it doesnt took me too long, to motivate and encourage the "game masters". I got their replies, and I was literally on cloud 9. I glimmered and smiled the moment they replied. I was really really glad. It felt really good.

On top of that, just not long ago, I had this ex-classmates' sister that once had a huge argument with her bros that it was as if the whole house splitting. Then I was reassuring her that everything will be okay in the end, and she thanked me, so I thanked her. She made my day full of blissful energy, and reassured myself too, that I do make good influences too.

She thanked me for being patient. Then I recalled back my patience level last time and now again.Yea, guess I was a bit aggressive last time, that it sort of nurture this sense of "grumpiness" in me as others see me. So yea, no matter how calm and "polite" I might sound now, this post-it characteristics have anchored in my image too deep to be lifted.  

So yea, really had a happy day. =D cheers~!

No comments: