Monday, April 16, 2012

Last week was a busy week, so busy that I had zero time to blog at all.

Basically I was involved in the Ageing Asia Investment Forum 2012.
Luckily for me, I had a minor role to assist the photographer, thus I had really very little work to do. As such, I had many opportunities to hunt down the solo delegates and interact with them. Through them, I think Ive learnt much on their views on the ageing issues, and certain cultural differences with Sg and other countries. Also, I got a chance to sit in some talks, especially the workshop on the first day. The workshop was really awesome that Ive got to know the Japan Model better.

On top of all that, I got to enjoy the delicacies and refreshments. FREE! Wow, in my whole life, I think this event was the first time Ive ate such expensive food, moreover in a buffet style. Totally a luxury.

Ive also gotten to know St Luke Eldercare, which was totally different than what Ive thought. This further proves whatever the government is trying to do in Singapore. With these, Im more and more convinced that this is an awesome course Ive taken, and that there are many awesome things I could do to contribute in the future, to create a better environment for the silver industry to live in.

On Sat, cell as usual, but I had to lead games. Thus, I decided to go for dog and bone. In midst of it, Ive add in variations, like instead of calling numbers, I called "4 times 2 minus 5" kindda thing. Then, I went to "All but odd numbers go", and so on. Then, throwing is allowed, so there will be a mini captain ball involved, which is really really interesting. Then, We played with Yu Qian, purposely called her number, and when she reached the centre, we shouted, "number 7 go back". Haha, then proceeding it, we called her again, then the moment she got the "bone" and ready to run, "number 7 go back" hahahahahhaha!!!! Then on the third time, we asked them to stay there, and the rest of the numbers go forth and then back again, making them feel awkward. Really fun.

On Sun, we finally get to carry out the baseball game Ive been trying to make it happen. So similar to baseball, we have bases, but 4 bases this time, on the corners of the basketball court. On team was to do "skills" activity in the center to 10, and the other team gotta gain base. We have made it the layout of the basketball court so that there will be 2 bases of short distance for them to be tempted risk. Through this, we have achieved to get ALL of them interested in the activity, skills training for the kids and the seniors, physical, and the game concept, as well as team work in the end. An awesome success! It really made me feel good for things like that to be successful, its like finally something different for them to enjoy and in midst, grow.

Then, today, I went out the whole day with Johann, supposed to go for volunteering activity, yet end up getting lost and stroll along the Singapore river. Just chat along, really enjoyable though. I really love interactions. Seriously, he asked, Im so sociable, why havent I get a girlfriend? Haha, many awesome people are like that too, so nice so talented, yet no girlfriend haha. Well, someday, someday I will find one that is a complete match for me. But then again, I was just thinking, perhaps, I dont mind eating soft rice "chi ruan fan" either, and just put up with the everything, and entertain her all the way make her happy. She happy, I benefit, win-win. Then the follow up question was that if I would dump when Im rich, I replied, definitely know, I will not do these "break the bridge after Ive crossed the river" kindda thing. Its just against my principle. Thus after seeing all the movies and all, I really doubted anyone could just betray, even if the reason was that he was a mole for his country to be revived, the benefactor, after everything he had received.

Then, I was pondering about the argument within determinism and free will, and various systems in my life so far, and problems in life.

Anyway, yea, when Ive reached home, Ive come to know that there is a little dispute in my extended family, and I really fear the situation like the relative that betrayed us happened again. Sigh. As much as my parents are proud of whatever Im doing, I get the big pressure to really show them that I am indeed something, different from the rest of the family, who are either delinquents or academically genius.

Then, I saw a few nice videos, about flight attendance improvising their safety announcements with some jokes and raps and dances. Then, the Slain officer's final act of kindness, which he bought a random kid 3 cookies when he asked him for 10 cents that he was short of for one cookie. Then, sadly he was shot the moment he got out of the Mcd branch. Seriously, made me think of "Five people you meet in heaven", and the 2 flower pots that almost dropped on me years ago. That was one topic I pondered alot too, how life could be different if it indeed hit on me, or if it didnt drop in front of me at all, how different would my world view be and what other areas are affected.

Oh, so moving on, I came across another couple of videos, one on a dramatic surprise on a quiet square, whether after passer by pressed the button, there are a series of "mission impossibles" kindda thing, shootings, and accidents, and actions. Really cool. And the last video which I think is really awesome was the "While You Were Sleeping" project, where we prepared a stack of printed cards, and when we found people dozing off around us, we write a simple anonymous note and a drink. This is simply to show that people do care. Perhaps it might not help them to get mroe sleep, get more study time, get lesser stressed, but it will definitely made them feel better that there are people who cared. I think its a really sweet and easy project that we could all embark on. I decided to print a stack to start doing it when poly starts. Aim, 10 people a week. =D =D thats 10 bucks, but worth it money I guess.

No comments: