Thursday, January 19, 2012

Today in LAW we learnt about the Grey Nomads, and several travel choices, and thus led us to think whether caravan travelling is possible in sg. After enlightenment by Terence and Mala, it got me thinking that it is really possible, for despite the ridiculously high priced COE, there are a relatively high number of car ownership. Thus, we see that it is in our nature to drive, to speed, to enjoy the empty road, to enjoy the night streets. That encourages people to actually drive to JB just for a meal, and stuffs like that, and then we link to the idea that sg isnt spacial limited, in fact, most of our ancestors would agree that because they are very much connected to their roots, thus sg is connected to the neighbouring countries, that we can link all the way to Europe from sg. SO that brings me to a relative too that would bike across Indonesia just for the fun of it, despite their Silver age.

So anyway, there was this topic on foreign workers in sg. So I was sharing how pinoys foreigner have very high perseverance and great hospitality. I was buying food and had a little chat, which allow me to know that he worked 12h a night, 9pm-9am, everyday full time. So I was like "arent you tired", and he shrugged, "well, I've got no choice". So then I compared to the few previous pinoys I knew, and I said, well, they are all of the same build, and facial features, and a certain kind of expression. They're really awesome magnificent people. Then my friend mentioned about how he used to have a maid that served them 8years, and now she's doing well as an experienced maid, serving angmohs, which fetches her big money. So his family changed her life. Yet then the sad thing is that her son passed away just before her contract end. It was so sad, I conversed with many maids before, and it's really heartwarming to see them mentioning about their children in their hometown, and they share the photographs with you, "this is my kid"....

Then he went on saying these people are so sad, they torture themselves living in this environment, just to sent money back to their hometown, and usually a large portion of it, at least 50%. However there are many cases of their husbands using the money to feed other women, and stuffs like that, and also cases where they were looking forward to see their kids, prepared with sea of toys, yet the bad news broke. Sigh. How is it possible for these people to go through all these, where some people just spend money in the arcade like running tap.

As I walked home, 1am, on the empty streets, again the song came.....

And I will live
To carry your compassion
To love a world that's broken
To be your hand and feet....

And I will give
With the life that I've been given
To go beyond religion
To see the world be changed.....

So I was thinking, I know ive been spending tremendous amount of energy and time on random people that I feel "worth" helping, as much as I can, so what if 10years down the road, I couldnt devote that much time anymore... how? This kind of thing cant pass the baton.

So reminds me of what my dad used to say when I was young, that he hoped for me to be a big boss, to be able to feed so many families, by giving them jobs and taking care of their well-being, and yet have income to enjoy life as well.

Sigh. Big stress. I've started the moving blue project, trying to commission at a low rate of a buck per piece sold, and see if we can make this business grow, and if possible, get companies to invest on it for corporate tee or event tee, and publicize it, and could even open a branch here, by licensing it.

As for others, yea, just step by step, have faith in whatever I do now, the rest is all up to nature how it want to liven my life story. Soon, I should be starting to send resumes in to high achievers and try to get jobs there, and perhaps one day I could be one of the trainers too, making money with saliva like Adam Khoo, one of my biggest dream in secondary school.

No comments: