Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It had been a busy weekend, a crazy one, a lazy one, yet I would say it was all worth it. On Fri, we rushed our project through the evening, and at night I read up on Psychology, chapters on Social Influence an the various related experiments. I also read up and finished Vitamin part 1 for BNF, it was 4am when I finish them. On sat, I woke up to do a little touch up of my presentation and script, then when to meet the usual 3 to go Bowei's house, before heading to JiaoLian's place for a vegetarian steamboat dinner. Every year we had been doing this, it's really rather enjoyable, just simply being around and eat, the whole togetherness idea, is wonderful. As someone asked me, why do we chinese love steamboats, I replied, maybe it's the togetherness, the atmosphere where we share what we eat, from the same pot kindda thing.

So after that at 8pm, I rush over to Jorgen's place for night cycling. We went to Cathay for Viral Factor at 2am, then cycle back, sidetracking to Old Airport Road for sugar cane, and Aljunid for Chee Cheong Fun. Overall it was fun, yet Jorgen had a few scratches, sigh. So I did not slept a moment at all, since I got to rush over to Sheng's house at 9am for the annual group bai nian tradition. So the whole thing ended around 1pm at Shixiong house, where I slept a good hour or so, before having another half an hour sleep at Johann's place before heading to CHIJMES for the GateCrash event.

The event was awesome, though it was rather expensive for it. However I think the way they hide the clues and such is really interesting. Yet I was actually expecting much more. I was expecting that we are trapped in a room, then we have to search for clues manually, or have those Liar Game type of psychology activities, or stuck with Nash-Equilibrium dilemmas, then complete them stage by stage, to escape the castle.

Well, at least we had sort of fun. Definitely going for the second round, and rather hoping we might be able to find some opportunities of event management jobs too.

So after all these, I had only completed 1 of my assignments. I rushed one of them today at my break time, and gonna rush the other one at tomorrow's break too.

Really tiring, especially the project, rather killed me much. Oh well, gotta compromise to spice up my life. Anyway, was again handling the issue of "Why not die?".... the "Vanity of Vanities, All is Vanities" syndrome. But this time Im more sensitive, instead of bo chup like I previously was, about this because of all the recent suicide news. Seriously, what's the point of publicizing all these into headlines?? Only to contribute more negative energies. Sigh.

So after the whole thing I went back into Ecclesiastes again, and glance through, and saw these few verses that I think it's really great...

"And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God."

"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest."


Precisely, the purpose of existing is to finish this journey of life, as fruitful and fun-tastic as possible, so hesitate to do something, and do with all our might, and in midst of it, have fun~!

Was observing an ice cream man, business was good, but I realized every customer would leave with a smile on their faces, and often had a few joyous guffaws just in that few sentences of conversation. Despite his hard work, he's able to serve with such high standard of customer service, really awesome~!! =D Everyday's hero.....

Oh right, I participated in a new journey, for experience and to "force" myself to understand this topic, since Im totally not interested in these virtual illusions. Good luck for me and my team~!!

No comments: