Friday, January 20, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6bbOonyxq8&feature=share

Above is a short clip on CNY reunion dinner. Msg is straightforward and clear, so Jorgen went to Korea an hour ago, till then. Hmm, since yesterday stayed over at his house, this morning I packet nasi lemak and dumpling for family. I was home at 9.30am already, like wow so early... So spent time talking to them, about psychology, and various random topics and etc. It was a nice 3h, sort of bonding kindda thing.

So after that, since I didnt had anything else to do nor anywhere else to go, so I stayed at home watching movies and came across the above video. It's really cool, due to an Act of Random Kindness, the old guy got his family together for CNY. SO heartwarming.

(spoiler alert to 9pm show! and movie "Courageous")

So I watched miotv for the 9pm show, double bonus, and there was this scene whereby the "uncle" was found out to be an imposer, and the family was raged. Yet actually to my point of view, he didnt do anything real bad in the family, he had been good towards the "sister", so he's simply trying to give that "sister" a chance to care for a "brother". I think it's better this way being ignorant than knowing everything and make yourself so unhappy.

Well, though it might be freeloading, but to give a person an opportunity to care for someone close is really a big sacrifice, a big good deed. Not everyone is able to care for another one that they can be sure that their efforts would be worth it, and that the person is trustworthy enough to give your 120%.

So anyway, watched Courageous yesterday. The beginning was rather boring, until there was this part where that Javier was posing as the "Snake King". Haha, but overall, yea life works in an interesting way, that out of the sudden that Adam called Javier, mistaken him from another guy of the same first name. And a few nice parts, like how Javier stood upright against cheating, and that got him the promotion for the employers were testing his integrity. Speaking of which, I dont think I can ever par with that level of integrity, and perhaps so I often knew people who hide things from me big or small too, but it's alright, better this way, not too much of doubts and mistrusts.

One point I took back from the movie, is the ceremony where they signed the Resolution to be a good father, not good-enough, good. So these guys really cool, it was like the childhood perception of superman dads, and yea, wow that is loads of commitments and efforts. But the thing is, no matter how small is it, I think its good to have that concept of having a ceremony for it. Like wedding, like Xmas, like CNY, these are occasions that would remind us what our commitments are, and how serious are we into it, that there are these occasions, reserved to commemorate the purpose of these days. So IMO this is a great point to take away. Often we have the flame at the beginning, yet dies down fast, because we do not have grand visuals that could remind us of these decisions. Thats why Adam Khoo has loads of posters and etc.

Pretty cool, well the movie I watched today are "Our Family Marriage" and "Lottery Ticket". Our Family Marriage is cool too, talks about how 2 cultures of parents came together and plan a wedding for their kids, "Our marriage, their wedding" concept haha. This is a reinforcement of the "parents live vicariously through their children" concept. "Lottery Ticket" was lame actually, just a little sociology theory thats it, nothing much about life and all, and more of leading people into the delusion that we can strike rich by lottery.

Haha oh yea, today the 7m prize, sigh, weird numbers came out, and I found out that I had 5 of the numbers, just in 4 separated entries haha. Oh well, better luck next time. Seriously, if I were to strike, I would spent at least 50% of the 7m into others, perhaps supporting a family, or things like that, and others most probably for my parents, and I would just be contented with the 1m... Ji Pa Ban wish =D ofcoz if family allow, I would like to distribute them to some of the kids I know of. Though the sum isnt much, but it is a great start up for social mobility and opportunities in life of anyone's life.

Sigh, money is the source of all problems in society........... a constant worry for all......

No comments: