Sunday, January 1, 2012

So, a year passed so fast. However looking back on 2011, especially while I write my Lengthy Note on FB, I realized other than 2008, 2011 was my most memorable year! Lots of ups and downs too, from the feeling of crushed as I was almost got rejected to volunteer in SCC, to my academic, to some other problems, and to the opposite scale, to receive standing ovation of hundreds of people, to win my first medal, and first gold medal in wushu, to achieve academic excellence, to receive appreciation from Samy and church leaders, to make new friends.

The year ended and a new year started with me working OT in MindCafe, simply because they are unable to find part timers for the night, and Rose and Marco was on the verge of collapse. Oh yea sent them 2 gifts, Marco was especially happy since I was the only one to sent him a gift. =D gleeful =D But weird too, 2011 ended weird.

So a sudden request from Rose to work got me to burn the midnight for that Lengthy note till 2am, and that night I actually gave a friend a mashed up verse, which Im surprised I could remember exact wordings for the first part despite not paying much attention to it in the bible study days, as I used to think I wouldn’t need it since I believed my self control is great. I realized at times like these, these words, these apt words are crucial, for I might be the only medium to reach to. I said:

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

So hope that the person could grow strong too. And then somehow someone almost complete stranger, who used to dislike me, jealous of me, came to find me at work. It was about bgr, well at least the person felt better after that, yet it kindda spoilt my reputation in MindCafe a little. It all started with me throwing the chips with leftovers broken crumbs which I knew it would be thrown and not served so since I’m going to the toilet I ate them. That caught boss’s attention and perhaps grew suspicion on me? Then as I talk to the person, I think boss was monitoring the camera and disliked me talking. Ofcoz all these gotta thank Johann a lot a lot for covering me. He was exhausted I think.

After these many years of friendship, this was one example that I could rely on them completely, with complete trust. He was understanding enough to help me. Also on the same day, as I need to book tickets using credit card yet Im at work, I actually for once gave away my credit card number to Tai, I completely trusted him, for he had trusted me with his house keys once too. Though this might be a bigger issue and even bigger when my parents find out, I don’t know, maybe this would be a test of our friendship, and sure enough he is completely trustworthy.

So the year ended with many weird decisions, from accepting the work, to the buying of tickets, and meeting of the unexpected person, to OT, and such.
Anyway after that we went to 85 Market for supper, and then talked till 6am, knew more about a friend, which I find his character is really good, the environment that kills it.

Sigh, again we touched on commitments and etc. So first is ofcoz bgr, so I was like asking him that is he really serious, or still looking around to find the type of lifelong partner he have, but then I notice signs of love, really love, one that is one sided, basically to hope for the best for the other party, that he would speak sense to when the other party is wrong or something like that. However, yea as many men do he did quite a lot of things too. So his intention of love is good, but too much lust? Sigh. And his choice of partners of far are like…… But anyway more girls with looks are that way, until they decided to find a serious relationship, they started to change, but will eventually end up crushed, because party it should be the first time experienced being rejected.

Then we were saying about friendship too. I mean for myself, and for Johann too, we have this automatic reaction that for major events like New Year or Xmas, our first reaction to appointments are always “no we are sure we will have something on”, no matter how many people asked us out. So this time round, yea, we didn’t feel complete, it was like someone was replaced with another, don’t have that feel of the past few years. I don’t know, it’s a trivial thing though, not a bad thing too because the person I believe is trustworthy and dependable too, just that the person wore many hats, that gotta change time to time, and as he wears one, he’s focused on that one. Few years of friendship, I don’t know, a dilemma question struck me, if it would be a time to choose them or church which would I pick, I said them, because the number of years and bonds we had build. But 10 years down the road? I had now strong bonds with Solid Rock too. These people do care about me too as much I care about them. Especially one cell leader, she's very concerned about our well-being, often very appreciative, and very devoted to us, especially her Saturdays. Same as the other one, to decide to shepherd us instead of other one. And the members, despite age differences I think we are really very gam. So yea, difficult. Sigh. But yea it wont happen at all anyway.

Anyway after that we went Tai’s house to rest to 9am for JiaoLian’s distribution of goodies to the neighbourhood. Perfect way to start a year~! To do good deeds and bring joys to the citizens!

And so I started the year with a chapter in the bible too, Psalms 25, start of a new year, started off well, lets have another year of fun too~! And hopefully prosperous too.

No comments: