Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Episode 16 Love thy Neighbour,
A cliche small misunderstanding caused lovers to fall apart, just because of them them kept having the impression of the other as a thief, thus doesnt believe her honesty. This made me recall a phrase: At times, we should look at situations without history colored glasses, this way we would allow the situation to give us a new impression, a renewed impression, a new truth, instead of a distorted one.

Today work was great too, not too busy, helped out a bit here and there with dishwashing too, which caused the full time staff to be scolded, he's really unlucky. Sigh. Anyway, did closing solo today, simple but stress, because of the history of having shorts that we need to top up.

KeiYun came with his friends in the afternoon, accompanied them since the cafe isnt busy. He complimented me being a good teacher, woah I felt really great, though I may not really show, but to a teacher, just uttering that short sentence could really boost my morale ten fold. Hope that girl do remember and understand what was being taught. They had fun playing Blockus, I finally get the objective of the game now, initially I thought it was meant as a cooperation game to complete the biggest block. Anyway yea then they tried Family Business and a little of Lifeboats.

This would be the last week I'll be working, wondered if I should continue when school reopens. Now, I have an additional commitment towards the Tsao Scholarship Projects and to maintain my gpa for my studies to retain the scholarship. Hopefully my future modules wouldnt be too hard, but more suited for me, the thinking and practical type. Working here isnt really tough, just need the mental strength to provide best customer service, and last through the long hours of work.

The truth is, my pay isnt very high, but to them, despite being full time, I might have better pay than them. For this reason, I really hoped I could help making their work a little more enjoyable.

Alvin Tan came today, this was the first time he actually acknowledged me and spoke :Hey, how are you doing?, seemingly caring. A little motivation boost as well, but it was really a surprise. Actually I wondered why he came, he didnt seemed to be doing anything else but peek-a-boo-ing? (pop up suddenly). Oh well, not for me to comment.

So, I got much more to learn, much more to teach. Sometimes, just as Elder Jeffrey have once said, teaching elites are tough, we got to prepare ourselves to think their way, and even to think beyond their way, in order to encourage them thinking deeper and more advance, and therefore we got to be mentally prepared and do our 'homework' too. I really really feel super bad for not preparing the questions for him when tomorrow it was his exam. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

Alright, its late and working full day tomorrow again. Ciao.

No comments: