Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Despite sleeping at 3am and waking up at 9am for 11h work, work today is a breeze. Somehow, today's sales is more than 50% more than usual, yet we dont feel too stretched. This is a great example of teamwork I guess. Again, gotta emphasize how great is Mark, he's really friendly, always telling tales of other branches, Philipino Cuisines, motivation words, that made us really feel great servicing in there. Mild jokes here and there, but he's always there to guide us and mentor us although he is supposed to be just in charge of kitchen. I really did learn alot there.

Today at 5 there was a new part time, so I guided him for usual routines, and I found out that wow, I actually have lots of extra miles than other part timers. (not boasting). At least now I have a overall picture of how to empower staffs, and what to expect of my staffs, if I ever were to be a F&B boss. Definitely, I must first remain having a humble figure, with no signs of boastfulness or arrogance, I gotta great every single of my staffs, from cleaners to managers, part time or full time.

Then, some of my expected commitment of my staffs would be
1) to be mindful of small details, like ensuring the utensils are of matching, in case of several sets of utensils, arrangement of the utensils, making sure the labels are upright, and same direction, etc,
2) able to be not too rigid,
3) be cheerful to customers, joke with them here and there,
4) guess their profile, for example after exams, rushing for tennis practice,
5) extra services like sending food to nearby if customer is rushing for tennis practice or meeting nearby, charging their camera, helping them take a few shots, etc
6) ensure that they have 'privileges' if they are heavy spenders,
7) encourage to fill feedback, in case management decided to use positive over negative ratio to measure performances,
8) encourage family bonding when customers come as a family or of 2 generations, father son, mother daughter, encourage them to play games, introduce strategy games to trigger their thinking
9) dont forget to take initiative to provide pepper for soups, perhaps extra honey or less ice, less sugar, diabetic sugar, etc
10) help out your colleges when they're in need, or as and when you're free

Today, work is fine, and I got my first paycheck =D wootz~ really happy, tomorrow, wondering to go childcare or not, afraid that the kids are all enjoying themselves and did not go scc, but well still got some of my students studying in there, perhaps should prepare some materials for rohn too, and also meeting up some guy to buy bleach figurines, bought out of impulse....

No comments: