Saturday, December 8, 2012

Today ILP was the last day before the break. Time really flies, I do start to miss the Seniors (Elderly). One of them actually gave me an early xmas present, I was really really really touched. I felt that all the efforts of talking, and sharing, and buying of coffee do pay off. I had a few awesome contacts. They had a long sharing on how they keep maintaining optimism. One of them had 6 children and a spouse passed away just 2 years back, one of them complimented our passion for them and our energy, compared to the toddlers generation. Another shared about quitting a job you hate, some say to keep yourself busy, Handful volunteered in community projects for the at-risk youths, entrepreneurs, orphans, christian ministries, having peace of mind, being open minded, able to accept and understand things. Some find companions, if not go out alone, and really just doing what they like.

Young dreams
Should be dreamed together,
Young hearts 
shouldn't be afraid.

And some day when the years have flown
Darling, this will teach the young ones of our own.

Really an awesome bunch of people, change a lot of our perception of seniors, and most importantly saw the great number of opportunity in this field, to discover their extraordinarily that are in our lives, just invisible. I really hope for a Christmas party but a number of them have company retreats and other parties. Guess have to be in touch once in a while next year. I think I gotta plan a gathering every 2 months or so, to mindcafe or some attraction, to educate and take part in leisure and recreation,.

Then I met up with YQ and DQ, we went to 18 Chefs. Great food there, and have a great time chatting and walking from Simei to YQ's house haha. Im really guilty of not bringing the group together to bond, but guess Ive got no choice, and also suddenly I feel extreme let down for alot of my tutors who had high expectations and given great quantity of grace to me. I will perform!

No comments: