Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Watched the new drama series, Dream Makers. Basically is about the celebrity circle, and all the problems they faced. What I particularly like is the acting of Chen Li Ping and Zheng Hui Yu, I think they both portrayed the characters really well. 2 strong women in the light of the public, both have to maintain their image, status, and thus put up a strong front all the time. They have a kind of healthy rivalry yet in the end cared for each other. They really act well. Supporting them are Guo Liang, I liked the part where he acted normally and lovingly in front of KangLi despite him having affair. Reminds me of someone. Then, ofcoz, Chen Han Wei, as much as I hated his acting, I think he fits the role of a happy free person hiding his past.
That's rather true for fame, people often wears too much masks that they lost their sense of identity.

In the mundane world, everyone wears a mask in his life. What is more tragic is not the inability to pull off one’s mask but forgetting that one is still wearing it. How many people have lost themselves, yet do not have the courage to seek their original self? - Wiki

I told a friend the other day, I told him that I think my whole life is a lie. I lied to anyone everyone so casually to hide stuffs or to find benefits, or simply to engage in conversations. Often so, I cant remember what I said, and dont recall what they said either, as they might be weaving up tales as well.

I also often lie to my parents, especially about my expenses. I often give them the image that I and a great money spender, a spendthrift, but in actual fact I think 30%-40% of my expenses are not for myself. Ofcoz, lately, I have been indulging in luxury lifestyle, due to the cutting down on social commitments.

I do admire someone's frankness. To be honest, I bridged into his privacy a few times, and realized he has been very frank with me, and thus I stopped, he earned my trust, though I adopted a malicious way, but then again, he might be the one knowing everything, acting as a fool, like "Now You See Me", yet I choose to trust him. He is still very naive and angelic. I told him the other day though, that when it comes to business, dont even ask me to partner along, because it's better to keep friends out of business, money can lure people into evil, and the one that could hurt the most, is the very best friend.

Anyway, some time back, I came across a great answer as to why is it that only when we are really in a dire state would some divine intervention would show some miracle.

The answer is : Wait.
Wait is hebrews is Quwah, alternatively means weaving the threads of a rope.
A cord of three strands is not easily broken.
So what are the threads, the threads consist of all the relationships we have. Be it broken and tied with knots, or weak and thin threads, when we intertwine all these together, it could accomplish great things. Thats social network. With the increasing use of technology, we are more and more interconnected, and things are done more efficiently and with more participation.

Wait also means to Abide, to Hold On and Observe, to Tarry.
Sometimes, heaven waits,
so that we could learn the futility of our toils,
that we surrender to faith in the end,
and realized who we really are,
where we really belong at.

Therefore, we increase our Bandwidth,
to hear clearly with the right frequency,
to download fast and be fruitful,
to efficiently distribute our time and increase our capacity of task.

Something strikes me, again in line with everything I did last week and the prayer from a friend,

"Even youths grow tired and weary, 
 and young men stumble and fall."

So we gotta renew our strengths.... then

"They will soar on wings like eagles; 
 they will run and not grow weary, 
 they will walk and not be faint."

My strength is renewed by the result of my toils, the smiles of gratitude, the witness of my impact. 

Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone; we find it with another. The whole idea of compassion is based on a keen awareness of the interdependence of all these living beings, which are all part of one another, and all involved in one another. - Thomas Merton

No comments: