Friday, July 12, 2013

Today test was easy, I actually "studied" the test on the test itself hahas, read through the pages word by word, and somehow confident to score for it! hahas.

Well, that's all I guess, this week gonna be busy for the next few days, with visit to JL, race pack collections and running man event.

Today halfway through the lesson, Samy posted something that caught my attention so much!

"It happens like this. One day you meet someone and for some inexplicable reason, you feel more connected to this stranger than anyone else - closer to them than your closest family. Perhaps this person carries within them an angel - one sent to you for some higher purpose; to teach you an important lesson during a perilous time. What you must do is trust in them - even if they come hand in hand with pain or suffering - the reason for their presence will become clear in due time.

Though here is a word of warning - you may grow to love this person but remember they are not yours to keep. Their purpose isn’t to save you but to show you how to save yourself. And once this is fulfilled; the halo lifts and the angel leaves their body as the person exits your life. They will be a stranger to you once more."

Yes I totally agree. Sometimes, strangers are no stranger than closed friends that one day become strangers, in fact, strangers might be friends yet to know. The difference, is the awkwardness, and all the great memories shared, and those seemingly-ever-lasting conversations that one day ran out and fell into the abyss of silence.

Was watching The Voice videos, linked from listening to season 2 US the Voice where Adam Levine and coaches sang "Time Of Your Life". The song is so fitting as it was the last episode, and the song goes like "I hope you had a time of your life". It's like the "angels" are going away after fulfilling the purpose. It's like its another fork road, and time to go separate ways, and thus thankful for all the times we had. At the very least, I hope you had the best times with me.

Then it was the UK version where it covered the Beatles song, "With a Little Help From My Friends"

What would you think if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
 Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
And I'll try not to sing out of key.

What do I do when my love is away
(Does it worry you to be alone?)
How do I feel by the end of the day,
(Are you sad because you're on your own?)

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends

These few days ate my meals by myself, either that or the person with me had restrictions to join me eating, and thus no matter how great was the food, it just seems like something good enough to fill the stomach, and loses all its taste, presentation and aroma.

Well, that day had a great lunch with Mum at Canton Paradise, I got her to roam around as she had not been there. Beside us was a huge family of 8, eating on one table. Sometimes, these scenes kindda made me envy such big family. I remembered the family portrait of my relative years ago, 30+ of them across 4 generations. I was mesmerized, and was reflecting why arent we close to our relatives, why do we have conflicts even among our own people, why is it that people have huge reunions, and we only had 3 people, with a simple meal, because it's not worth a huge table, and my dad is still as prudent as ever. I planned, to have all 4 of our family, Bedok Wushu, to have a big feast, 15 people, if all could make it, plus SX, to have a reunion dinner on Jo's 21st bday cum cny.

Was looking back at old photos, at least, I'm happy enough, to have big feasts on Xmas, with cell and wushu and BDS. Ofcoz, it all boils down to myself, whether I am even willing to make things happen. For this, I think a friend of mine is still more successful than me, he is able to manipulate with effort, for things to happen in his way.

Yet then again, quoting the drama with Chen Li Ping and Zhen Hui Yu, 2 successful women, no matter how hard they fight in life, how much they try to control their lives, with calculations, predictions and plannings, in the end, there are still accidents in life, and things often dont work out as they planned.

As we go through life we'll see
There is so much that we
Dont understand.

And the only things we know
Is things dont always go
The way we planned. 

C'est La Vie~~ 
Epistemically, Wisdom is a balance between certainly and doubt. 
It is the knowledge between truth and beliefs, 
that distinguished between things we cannot change and things we can,
and that decides whether we should approach them with serenity or courage. 

No comments: