Monday, October 15, 2012

Today had a great chat with JiaoLian. He was sharing to us about theories. He started off giving the analogy of why certain table arrangement. he explained that everything has its reason. Then, he go to the normal topics about studies, and then to business. This interesting part is the business part.

He explained that long time ago, factory is a symbolism of wealth and riches. However, nowadays, people wouldnt like fixed assets because it would become liabilities when economy is bad. Then, he went on talking about workers attitude. He mentioned about part-timers. He gave us an interesting chain reaction scenario about a part-timer in a restaurant acquiring the skills and then jump job for further self improvement, which then lead to the drop of quality. Part-timers are easily replaced.

Then he explained the positive impact of foreign talent to increase sales and consumer spending. This I believe is related to the Aggregate Demand formula, that affected economy.

He also mentioned about learning the ropes as an employee first before being the employer. This is just like how from breaking ice in the BBT shop, I eventually learnt the recipe, opening and closing shops, cooking pearls and ordering the raw ingredient. Johann and Me did that too, suggesting ideas for our supervisor and accepting any tasks given to us even though it is not in our job scope.

He finally mentioned about fee, so that people would appreciate what was taught. Similar to the consultation fee theory I spoke in blogs ago. Anyway, really thankful for JL to lecture. I think what most strike me is the 4 stable jobs that will guarantee your survival. Survival means to not be eliminated in the society, to be able to enjoy basic necessities, food and minimal luxuries. One, is teacher, because knowledge is forever, and the passion of a teacher would draw students to come forward and free word of mouth marketing. Two, is doctor, because no matter how bad is the economy, there will be illness, and be an honest doctor, that dont scam, to earn hearts and loyalty, to be able to eat 3 meals a day even if there is no riches. Three, is lawyer, though the dark world of politics, be the just lawyer that is able to earn enough money to survive without compromising any of your conscience. Lastly, is boss, because your ideas will never run out.

This got me thinking if I should go to the education sphere or the business sphere. I dont think Im a good teacher, sometimes passion is not enough.

Anyway, then we met up with the TCM auntie, who is 80, and similar to my grandma, religiously doing squats and various exercise to keep the body fit. It really takes them a great deal of self discipline to crawl out of bed every morning.

Then, we planned a surprise homecoming for Sheng, though not sure how surprised he is.....

JB tmr XD

2 comments:

Jiao lian said...

Good blog! Thank u for listening too my one cent thought for you guys to share . You are attentive too you will get somewhere no problem! If dun come look for me I believe my Effective network can be of a help ! Cheers

KayaOtah said...

XD cheers XD uve always been one of my greatest model. =) haha Effective Network. JiaoLian ure really very sociable too! I will get to somewhere only if I have enough luck, and I think Im lucky enough to meet you! XD