Saturday, August 4, 2012

Warren Schmidt: I know we're all pretty small in the big scheme of things, and I suppose the most you can hope for is to make some kind of difference, but what kind of difference have I made? What in the world is better because of me?


Today in gender issues, we were introduced to this movie, and this quote kindda struck me, I used to be thinking the same way. I totally could understand how he was feeling. The last part of the movie is really awesome, when he reached his peak of meaningless, he received a lteer from an orphanage he have been sponsoring, which resustitated him in the sense that he have realise his worth, and a purpose to his life. For me, this year, I havent found my purpose of life yet, and half the year is gone. Perhaps, this is a year for me to rest, and start again next year.


Today after a nap, decided to skip lecture, and thus thought that I have free time, so I smsed the wushu youths to meet up, thinking that it would be the best time to give them the gifts, for sx is not around, grading had just passed, and they are free. However, in the end, cl and ky couldnt make it, so we met up and have a little chat and fun, thats all. Ok ba, simple bonding session, every bit counts. Really hope that they would continue on, esp Youlian, hope that he would not leave us behind if he were to achieve going into his sch wushu. 


Anyway, yea recently Ive enrolled myself into a whole list of event. 

Wed 8 Aug - Wushu 
Thur 9 Aug - Amazing Race
Sun 12 Aug - Wushu  
Wed 22 Aug - Elder Dance
Wed 27 Aug - Sgcare Promo
Thur 28 Aug - Photo/sgcare p
Fri 29 Aug - Elder Dance
Thur 30 Aug - Parenting
Sun 2 Sep - Lyrical HipHop
Tue 4 Sep - HumanTraf
Sat 8 Sep - Walk for Rice
Sun 9 Sep - Break Dance
Tue 11 Sep - Flashmob
Wed 12 Sep - Flashmob
Fri 14 Sep - LA Salsa
Sun 16 Sep - Fencing 
Sun 23 Sep - Fencing 
Fri 5th Oc - Stomp 
Sat 13 Oct - Serb
Sun 14 Oct - Musical
Fri 19 Oct  - Dance Perf
Nov 17 - TedxYouth

No comments: