Thursday, August 16, 2012

Its late at night again, told myself to turn in early today but couldnt. After project meeting, I went to Swensen for the 2 for 10 bucks Tower Sundae deal, then went back to sch early for CDS Econs, only to find that there isnt tutorial, and final paper was yesterday. So I basically missed the whole paper. I gotta retake CDS. I really hope I do get the same CDS and same teacher. She is rather patient and kind, just like Ms Chong from BBF. Spekaing of that, havent really studied for the test, tmr 7pm. Sigh. Luckily the presentation tomorrow morning was alright, so after that I got plenty of time to revise.

Today I was listening to the song, "味道" (smell). So yes it got me thinking a few smells of ppl in my life. Like somehow, everyone has a certain kind of smell. It's quite interesting how the writer could use this as a content for a song. True enough, as much as it may sound disgusting, I think at times we do yearn for a certain smell of somebody close, like grandma, or other loved ones. I somehow have a few distinct smell that I really miss besides Grandma, not gonna write it here but yea.

Then following that I listened to "旧爱还是最美" (Old love is better), yes the lyrics I talked about twice in my blog, about 2 ppl that might be meant for each other but loved at the wrong time. I just find it amazing how the singer could blend in the talking part with his vocal, its like half the line is talking, half of them is singing. It's really awesome! And nice lyrics too~! Old love is definitely better, who would forget their first kiss? No right? And that feeling where you fall into relationship for the first time, being loved and to love, that  experience that drives people to want it to last forever, only to fade after some time then causes imbalance in the brain and thus motivated to reduce that drive.

Then the famous Zhang Yu's "趁早". The song talks about love becoming like a habit, to actually becoming like an act, constantly acting as if sweet loving couple, but there is no longer chemistry and etc. The song writes about whether the couple could appreciate the period of relationship, and end it without any harsh feelings.

But then again, yea many married couples do not necessary have love to begin with. And they could still survive, some even self create happiness out of the situation, what we should all do. And thus the more I am impressed with Chris, to be able to be by her side despite the "burden" he had to carry. And also all the parents who chose to raise "abnormal" children. I really admire them. I really dont think I am able to do that.

I really find old chinese pop singers are so full of talent and amazing vocal skill. Furthermore, their emotion and lyrics are so deep and  impactful. I really hope that teen nowadays could start appreciating such culture. Anyway, been sort of forcing a friend to improve his chinese by sending him "challenges" to be completed haha, well, he is still to involved in his CCA i guess, gotta motivate more. Dont know about another one where I tried motivated him to put effort in studying by giving lots of examples of the difference between educated and non-educated ppl, and etc, a long chat to Sengkang.

Anyway, bad news, just as my dad started to have some nice start in a business, turns up that months ago there is this article that causes a large decline in sales, causing cash flow problems, and causing lots of changes in policy, and so lots of risk that they might use unauthentic means to reduce the impact, and due to the limited liability thing, get away rich, leaving the investors broke.

Sigh, and at the same time, Ive been a spendthrift indulging in luxury food. Sigh. Well anyway, we used 3 of the vouchers of the Amazing Race for Toast Box, a rare supper with parents. Felt great. Sigh, what will happen in the future? What my future holds?

Anyway, the new drama, got this awesome "brother", where they are not blood related, but since pri the rich one would always share half of his dime for him, and now share his house with him, being is housemate. How I yearn to have such a brother. Hmm.    

No comments: