Monday, August 20, 2012

Finally got a chance to blog again. Well, lets start on Fri, after everything was off, literally EVERYTHING~!!!

I was so high that I got a little out of my mind to call home to check if they have eaten dinner, and then ordered 30 bucks worth of zhu chao for them. A large portion of the cost is by the chef's speciality which is some combination of chicken and fish. It's really combination, each slice was made out of thin sliced chicken and fish fried together. Really nice and unique.

Then sat pop excel as usual, but before that I went for Sg's first audio mob, with Jorgen, and collected my campus run shirt as well as made my starbucks card. Hmm, really feel bad asking him down for a a few hours. He is that much of a good friend, to come down for just a little while, to have a simple lunch. Really awesome guy.

Anyway, so I rushed back for the guest speaker, Ian Poulier. He is a motivational speaker I guess, well verse in psy, and excellent approach of attention grabbing that made the youths actually willing to listen. Anyway, besides the cliches, I actually find one of what he said really cool. Mirror can make your weaknesses seems big. There was this famous story of the emperor commenting to his loyal subordinate, that bronze mirror can reflect his appearance, history as a mirror can reflect his mistakes and improve on them, but a friend as a mirror would reflect the truth of him. Then coupled with what he said, yea, not all mirrors are good, some of these actually exaggerates your weaknesses that we are blinded from the millions of potential we all still have. So we should focus less on the negative sides of things, even if it comes from people close to you, focus more on the fact that we are all awesome. 

So be it that we are social butterfly, that we are lousy in certain areas, etc, but hey we are all imperfect, so we should better use our strengths instead of crying over spoilt milk =) not spilled cuz its a weakness not a mistake.

Then at cell we were talking about unjust at sch and at home and ofcoz in NS. I thought back of how I held the knife at lower primary sch in hostel where i faced unjust. The fact that its still anchored within me reflects on how deeply it has affected me, that im extra sensitive to unjust throughout. Then linnet commented, that at times we should actually remember that we are all working for God, not humans, humans disappoints, God will reward fairly. And as much as people disappoints us, we disappoints them, esp I do think I had dissapointed Fairoz and Terence and all of them. I shall be more devoted to school life in the next sem!!

Today I went for bball, then visit Samy, and then took up a new kite flying hobby that had cost me $110 bucks. Ouch~!!!

No comments: