Monday, September 5, 2011

Today my topic would be deviance in young ages.

Went down just now to cycle to buy mooncakes. At the atm, there was this kid in his bike who squeezed through between me and my dad. Seemed like a small thing to me, and i guess to all of us too, yet his mum behind looked as if she has a bad hair day, high heels broken and her kids peed on her while her boss pressurized her to produce 5 reports by tomorrow, AS IF, like OMG, does she really need to do that? She was complaining non stop, "Can use your brain or not?", "Your brain upside down!", "See larh, go somemore". It happened that the kid missed his step thus fell on the grass which he stepped on. His pain was numbed by his fear, fear of his mum mocking and publicizing his humiliation - absurdness. This is pitiful. For someone to immediately look up to analyse the face muscles of his 'guardian angel' for sign of disapproval of the trivial accident or acceptance of his mistake, I bet that bitch had haunted him till that extent.

Right, pardon me, I'm in no position to judge, but com'on! He's a kid, to be able to squeeze into us might be a great sense of achievement, like striking a million dollar deal or attaining world record in sports or something like that. Even if not, then it's just his playfulness, why cant you just allow that? No harm to anyone at all~!

Anyway, even if there is harm, perhaps it sort of curiosity, treat it as lessons learn. The lesson is still cheap, compared to when they start defying and rebelling when they age. Was chatting with KY the other day, and we mentioned about stupid things we do when we were kids. So I told him, I told him my thoughts, to never doubt your effort to try something new. When young, the consequences would not be too big, ofcoz this exclude extremes like murder or doing things that severely harm another person, but small things, trivial things, give in to curiosity, it wont kill you just yet.

It's better this way than to start trying when you age, when your actions should be considered matured and of standards, such that deviance might results in a year long room and service reservation in the cell. So I thought, yes, this is the problem for the young in singapore, when everyone seems to be against in whatever they do, they are afraid to try, afraid to make mistakes, afraid to innovate. This control theory steps in, they are temporarily controlled by the authorities and parent(s), constantly building on tensions and conflicts, until they finally get the guts to break from them, thats when they are too old to be seen childish, old enough for severe formal sanctions, old enough that these curiosity or rebellious act will affect their future greatly.

At Teachers Day Lunch in BBTC, I hear, again, many stories of 'little devils' turning into heroes, models, or heroes of Christ. They started off uncontrolled, thus they have all the time they want trying every deviant act in the world, that they have the experienced, had reflected on it, had learnt from it. They deviated, and reverted back. So yes, with that I have more faith that the kids in SCC will have bright future, despite their naughtiness so far.

Had a great Teachers Day Lunch, we sat on the centre, haha, interesting place. The games are much better than last year’s, and foods are more appetizing and filling. I think the teachers there are all awesome, it’s a great feeling to be there, to be recognized, to be motivated. Pastor Jacq esp, really grateful to her to take the pains to plan the whole event, and to manage the pop excel, as well as thurs tuition for the muslims, and the presents of each of us. As YJ prayed, she was touched, we were too, really great to see the extent and effort put in by all of them for the greater benefit of the society. She also mentioned, that ofcoz, we have to balance our own lives first. Service is outflow of life, we have to at first, be a model, be right, be stable, before we can reach out and touch the hearts of others. Thus, yes I really like that quote. She also gave a few examples of over burning. Well, so Sabbath is important. Gotta take some days off to rest, to enjoy the day thoroughly.

Today slacked whole day, played a little piano, tried to learn the chords for "Sometimes When We Touch", "I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever", and supposedly wanted to try "Shout To The Lord", but I'm stuck at 2nd verse even for the first song. Oh, speaking of this I decided to secretly start a music lesson for WC and CH in sat before pop excel. I think we should never close doors to passionate people to discover and unleash their potential. Despite such lousy teacher (Me larh noone else), at least I can add some oil to their flames, at least I can inspire them, no matter the extent. Oh right, YQ complimented on my physics coaching, im sooo touched and glad and happy~!! I'm a very boastful though lousy teacher, but I really sincerely hope others can extract from me something, anything.

Anyway, I also do chores, tested my new s95, bought mooncakes (tirasimu, green tea, pandan, 2 yolk lotus) and ate mum's signature spaghetti =D yum yum~!! Great sabbath today (I realize its always a Monday, hey have Monday's Blues, I have Sabbath Monday haha, but gonna follow by a whole week of schedules, a while week of 4.14 Conference, 8.30am - 6.30pm everyday at sembawang. zzzz.... oh on 8th Im gonna leave early for work, 5pm-10pm... zzzz.... But yes, Im excited for tomorrow, as Im gonna learn, Im gonna absord, Im gonna widen my horizon and knowledge, and exp pool, since I cant experience everything in the world, I learn from others, just as others learn from me. =D

No comments: