Friday, September 16, 2011

Today it dawned on me that 天越高心越小 means 天越高(野)心越小 in the song. It is depicting a carefree life, thus the more you know how great is the world, how wonderful is the world, how interlinked is the world, the more you'll realize that there's no need to petty about trivial things, its meaningless, vanities, chasing after the wind.

Whole week of being tortured passed, due to that yuan di tiaos.... I couldnt even bend my knees on tue, and it sure took great effort to even do big business (in the toilet), even changing pants requires great back flexibility. Lucky enough I went to buy panaflex, and sure it is effective~! One day of that, the area I pasted them is alright, and then the next day once more, and today I feel much better. Again you can see how amazing is life, healed on the day I work.

Watched lots of movies for the 2 days, Pirates of Caribbean 4, Planet Apes, Jurrasic Park 1 2 3, Lion King 1 1.5 2, Prince of Egypt, Joseph, Among all, I think Lion King is the best, the songs especially, Circle of Life, Hakuna Matata, We Are One, all really upbeat, uplifting, absolutely great. Of course, again I'm applying sociology into them. -_-".

Sociology is really like philosophy, its dangerous, once you know, you can never unlearn, you can never un-know. Estranges us of what we already know, it challenge norms, it question us our answers.

Speaking of this, I came across this talk about this app, to actually shape child's toys into their own culture. For example, they can choose what kind of household they are in, homo, or hetro, or even history, they provide different angles and perspectives of an event, such that it would intrigue children to start thinking creatively, thinking out of the box, thinking in line with sociology. Amazing tool. But rather dangerous, for these, if used under wrong hands, can create massive destruction. Anyway, the good point is that they learn about empathy, about putting themselves in others' shoes, to see the world as they see it.

Today i recruited Varrick into MindCafe, but he's not as lucky as WeeSeng, but oh well, it counts, though I think Varrick needs the job more than WeeSeng, but yea I can also talk my way out for him. Sigh. Today had one or two screw ups in work, wrongly billed because I trusted the person that billed in the computer too much that I did not double check. Anyway, Pastor Darren of BBTC came an hour before closing, so after a whole day looking at a great event host hosting a 16 people event, I went all out for the group. They were disappointed to see such little time of gaming, but oh well, hoped they had fun.

Tomorrow gonna be whole day, 11am-I dont know, depends if i want OT, depends if I still have the energy, but min 7pm. After that, since I'm late for mooncake festival, might as well OT, hmm... we'll see about that. Sat smurfs! and might have Johnny English at night with SX++. Sun as usual, but it's not training this time, I think it would be script writing for a for-fun video. Anyway, dang, I forgot I owe Sonny a script. He has been a great script writing teacher, though we met up twice only, but he has the strong passion to groom students for it, shall complete the script.... hmm lets target, by end of year!

Next week, planned to visit SCC, since so long havent visited it already. Oh and cut hair too~ Busy man, as usual. =D cheers~ Hakuna Matata~

As you go through life you'll see
There is so much that we
Don't understand

And the only thing we know
Is things don't always go
The way we planned


Many times problems keep probing up, that we have so much things we don't understand, as much as why do we have to go through waves and waves of problems.

If there's so much I must be
Can I still just be me
The way I am?

Can I trust in my own heart
Or am I just one part
Of some big plan?

This verse tells us about responsibility. As to where is our individuality when we have so many sanctions to abide by, so many eyes on us, so many 'braces' that shaped our teeth the way THEY think it should be. It is to the point, it is not possible to have complete individuality, just be creative, be different, by a little will do, not to the point that we become deviance. A lecture told us about how as humans, we love challenges, we love mastery, we love self-directed goals, so to be different can mean to be better than other people, to be ahead of SOME people, one, two, a few, no matter, just be different. I like to relate this again to the coin theory. When people will mutually know how to catch one coin, try two, or three, or with pattern, with obstacles, do something to it, do something to the knowledge you have gained! Never stopped learning, and thinking~!

No comments: