Saturday, October 26, 2013



http://www.gotquestions.org/parable-laborers-vineyard.html

Basically farming was a tedious job in that time. So the owner of a vineyard hired a group of ppl, he said "I will pay you one denarius for a day of work". Calculating the economic situation, that was indeed generous enough. So then as the day go by he hired more and more groups of ppl, but subsequently, he said to them, "work for my vineyard and I will pay you what is right". 

So then the time comes when they receive their wages, the earliest group was shocked that last group who worked for merely an hour gets one denarius, equal to them. They were angry about it. The owner said, "are you envy of my generosity?" 

The problem was not that they were paid less but the attitude and envy that others were paid more by grace.The problem lies when we actually compare. Actually my internship is bearable, just that as I compare to the other departments, or other internships company, I felt unfair, I felt worst off, but hat doesnt mean it is not what I deserve.Comparison is bad. Whether u compare with the better or the worst, you are either saddened or proud, both are not good, encourages envy, wrath, selfishness, pride, arrogance and oppression. 

Towards othersDont be Competitive.

Towards yourselvesDont be Conceited.

We are designed in such a way that it is hard to kick our part and hard to pat our backs, because that was meant for others to do for u. Today, I am so much more motivated. 

No comments: