Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Watched the episode of "On the Red Dot", the episode on Kids Extraordinaire.

I came across those kids. I think they're really really blessed to be a blessing.

Jiajia and Bigbro has really really good heart doing all the volunteering work. They were exposed to volunteerism at a young age and are willing to sacrifice their time to make a difference in the lives of others. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er4Xh-63nAQ

Then it's Miguel Antonio! Yepp the one I came across at Beerfest and Timbre. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lrg1A7A2Co

Gerald Tan is amazing, calling the shots on Ge Tai  management. Wow!

Lim Ding Wen is another amazing kid! He started computer at 2, and released iphone app at 9, mastering languages such as Java and Pascal, it's really amazing! Creme de la creme, he even surpassed his father in app making. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lim_Ding_Wen

Lastly, it's M. Ritwan, it's really amazing how he can brace through all the speech and mobile impairments, and could now live almost in a normal state. Seeing his situation seriously made me feel that we are all so weak in the world. How I really wish to actually help people like him in the future.

Anyway, yea for all these cases, family support is so important. It is their parents who had taught them great values from young, esp for Jiajia Bigbro, and instill their gracious heart and groom them to be a blessing in life. How I wish my parents were more of such heroes, than doing nothing much for the past 10 years, being rather stingy on everything and seriously putting selves first then others. Sigh. But then again, compared to other problematic family, guess I'm lucky enough. My next generation will be better! I will aim to raise superkids, that are superheroes of the ordinary lives, who could all find joy and purpose in helping, find the passion of life. The mroe I feel so useless stuck int he internship rather than doing some volunteering work in my community. Sigh.

How I also wish that people around me are as awesome as these kids, to make themselves more useful to do all these community work, to bring joy to people, to be less troubled by lame and trivial things in life, to really make a difference in Singapore.

Sigh. but then again, teens are teens, these kindda thing must really start young. And also parents are parents, volunteerism is often seen as wasting resources, good for nothing kindda work. Sigh. I hope that I could groom the next batch to wushu kids to be volunteerism oriented, values-loaded, vantage thinkers, veteran martial artist. Ambitious indeed......

No comments: