Sunday, April 28, 2013

Well, Today's post, I shall start by talking about "一念之间". It is a kind of philosophy where it means "that Moment of Enlightenment". It is why we say it's a "moment" of enlightenment, because that moment, that very second, may very well be one of the longest second in our lives, where we undergo a transformation of the heart, personality and attitude towards a world view.

According to it, there are four concept that we would understand:

1) There are no difficulties in the world, only difference in levels of persistence and resilience. After all, after the problem is solved, as we look back, it isn't very hard actually.

2) There are no good and bad deeds, there are only good and bad intention, and there are nothing which is absolute bad or absolute good. Sometimes, thing that may seems bad is actually good. And the outcomes might lead to a good thing or a bad thing after all, 塞翁失马焉知非福.

I once saw a movie, where the supporting character, out of good intention, about someone thought that by doing (something), then the main character will be saved, but did not save him and instead give him more troubles, but the main character, knowing it will bring him more troubles, did not say anything to her, letting her "give him more troubles", because her intention was good, because her mentality was that if he did that (something), the problems will be solved.

Or something like that. I didnt understand why he did that, like couldnt he tell her it was ridiculous? Now I understand, it is her intention which is good, and although harmful/futile, he rather let her cling on that hope.

3) There are no success or failure, there are only disheartened or satisfied people. Success is subjective, everyone's definition of success is different, some in numbers, some in quality, some in fulfilling purpose, some by finding one. One thing might result one to gain in something, but there might have a side effect of losing in some other aspects.

4) There are no happy or sad things, there are only peaceful or frustrated mind. With a frustrated mind, nothing seems to gain true happiness. In a peaceful mind, doing nothing might be something happy too. This effect, if like a candle in a dark room, that brightens every corner of it. If there is peace within, you will be enlightened.

So speaking of all these, I remember talking to a good friend of mine about me finding my own peace of mind. I guess I'm like my sec 1 self, kept feeling there's a caged beast inside of me. So I told him that what I did was to keep me busy, so I'm always on the move, and thus the small happiness I get from events and activities might snowball and perhaps eventually develop into a happy state of mind. But no, I guess it was momentary, and so the "snowball" remains in size, and by inactivity it diminishes. So a quote makes sense to me.

When young, happiness is a possession, we need to own happiness.
Growing up, happiness becomes a goal, we need to reach it.
Maturity, happiness is actually a state of mind, we need to be enlightened for it.

I guess I'm at stage two, because I aim to attain that stage 3 happiness, which satisfies the second stage description, I cant get out of it.

So I began exploring myself more in martial arts, as it is a form of "pursuing yourself" kindda thing.

Well, school started, same old same old, scholarship taken away, and work continues.

Perhaps one of the funny thing happened this week is that as SX announces his marriage plan we were all congratulating or taunting each other instead of congratulating him, for very long hahah!!! Cuz Me and Jo think that it will be very soon, and I was getting anxious when Lin got maried, and true enough soon is his turn!! Hahas, and Sheng and Tai said that he would do so after our NS.

Anyway today in wushu, Full Force came down. Really happy to see that. =) somehow got that anime feeling, like those dawn is coming, then full team facing the sun, get ready to chiong for a common goal, runnign towards the sun... hahas! XD Great ambition, but I dont feel like taking up SJG, but for wuhsu sake, I shall find a suitable SJG! Feel like taking up new weapons like Pu Dao instead.

Recently listening to: 張震嶽-認輸 (Admit Failure)

原來自已不聰明        原來什麼都沒有
原來應該瞭解的道理        現在才知道
原來輸給了世界        原來輸給了自已
原來錯在不承認失敗    誰可以原諒我

Anyway, also on Sat, after spending the day with my parents, when to meet with friends. The whole story begins with them wanting to meet for Iron Man 3, which I got lazy to watch. I didnt talk in the whatsapp chat at all. Then, knowing that they will eventually not watch, I wanted to meet them, but decided to stick with my parents first, then go bar hopping at CCP Then, found out that they cancelled it, so I called J to inform him that it was cancelled, afraid that he might be angry if he reached but plan cancelled, so I asked what is their plan then. So on the phone to my understanding is that they say meet at church, I say want to go dinner, I suggested Manhattan, but they say they wanted to go nearby eat, like BBT or so, so I declined. After awhile, realized they were waiting for me famished.

I didnt say I am going, they assumed I am going. On the surface I was rather pissed, but then I realised, they actually willing to wait for me, so it means something about my standing in their hearts, I became happy then. =) Similarly, despite cancelled plan, J went to meet, means he misses them too? =) things are not always so bad, just understand each other. There are times when people are hard to get along with, but sometimes I think, maybe it is just that "I" am the one hard to get along with.

Though ever since last year I didnt "care" them so much, we are after all still one family. =) Just that I have grown out of the teen years, kindda felt that I have no use to know about their lives and etc anymore. On the contrary, someone is really showing great care and concern for them but seems to not receiving well. Pity him.


2 comments:

Happy walker said...

thanks for sharing this inspirational post~ guess i shall keep hold on those positive thought such as there are no difficulties in the world, no happy or sad, success or failure in order to be more happy~

KayaOtah said...

No prob! Hope you like it, though it was taken from a Buddhist belief, I expressed it in terms of my understanding in English.