Friday, April 5, 2013

A week passed again.

This week pieced itself together in an very interesting way.

Firstly, I had no mood to go out, totally did not plan to go out at all. Perhaps still the post-cruise syndrome. Anyway, so surprisingly I had people calling me up everyday. So there goes my week. But the highlight of the week should be centered to my job. Initially, the job vexed me up, I have to cover the transport fee, travelling time, for a little working hour and rate, on top of that I had to "train" my dad to do it as I had to be covered for Fri and I thought he could do it. However, now that the week is almost over, I am grateful of the opportunity. My dad is cool! Through the week, my dad had to cycle from Eunos to Esplanade everyday, giving him exercise, and got him to understand that not all jobs seems so easy, and then get him to "upgrade" his skills to multi task, and it's a kind of silence bond between us. It's quite heartwarming actually.

So basically my job requires me to just sit on the bus stop for 2 hours, taking note of the plate number, wheelchair accessibility, advertisement carrier, boarding, alighting, left over and capacity.

Tomorrow will be a full day for me, and to take on a new wushu class which I totally have no idea how to make it different, so I shall see their performance first then think of revolutionary way to bring up the wushu culture. The biggest problem is their age. Followed by my lousy voice of command.

Wed went cycling to sx workplace for Hokkien Mee with Jo and Sheng. Really fun trip! Next one coming this sun! XD

Anyway, was talking to a friend, and I find him so similar to me last time, mentally and all..... Really glad to see how people have so much stamina to try to make people around them happy. Hopefully he wont let words impact him too much. I think EQ wise he is quite strong, in a sense his "self cure" works well. It really comes to the point that I think I will be the hermit, just staying with the current contacts, and perhaps have a large pool of connections for business purposes, and no relationships with them. I think its rather fun to be working in a cruise, you dont have to be too attached to anyone, and get to meet all sorts of people, and be remembered despite you not remembering them. XD There is really just so much in life, most important people in existence are parents, and the rest is just come and go. Pointless, maintain good and friendly connections, but not overly attached. XD

So then I came across this: Life does not consist in the abundance of possessions

To me, the sentence means that abundance is not forever, its not ideal, its not all that is in life.

We are so accustomed to think that the bigger, the more, the better, as Ritzer termed as Calculability in his Mcdonaldization of Society, where people quantify everything and substituting quantity as the determinant of quality.

2 comments:

Happy walker said...

wah~ what's job is that? you at now at where liao? sorry long time bo visits~

KayaOtah said...

No problem Im at Singapore, waiting for my final year of Diploma studies, working as a bus observer, so basically what I do is to record the number of people boarding and alighting the bus and any issues that might be inconvenience to passengers.