Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hey folks, Im back

Well, school is starting. Anyway, missed Thur competition because after sending YongJie off on Wed, I went to ton through the night with WC because I have work around that area at 6am. So after that 3h, Thur after work, went to bar hopping at CCP, and then waking up at 5am on Fri to work, then wushu class at night, and then night cycling with Jorgen. Finally on Sat after Linnet's Wedding, we went for the long awaited formal poshed dinner, and then went drinking again till 3am. That was why I  missed wushu, I thought of a power nap of 45mins, but slept for 3h, and then went Qing Ming with JL, then stayover at CL house, and that crazy guy asked me to wake up at 5am!!! Yesterday I knocked out real bad. Total of 21h sleep for a total of 120h is really crazy.

Thats my life. With tons of reflections.

The sending off was quite common as I do that often. But this time, it's rather different. First of all, the duration was not long, yet he had alot of people to send him off. That's a really big success for him as a person, to be able to make such great impact on all of us to send him off. It was also the first time I saw him almost teared when KG approached him. What a heartwarming moment. Then, the next was about his wait, he waited till the moment I arrive before going in. He is really a man of his word. If he say he'll wait he will! This sort of made me more assured of the decision I made last tue. Also, this reminds me of J who send my parents off on 3h sleep! He was the first and only one to do that, sadly, it seems like it was his nature instead of a good friend I am. Really speaks so much about me. Then, the last one is about the cell not waiting and left. This grew doubt in me that this is the group Im gonna grow up with. I mean like, one little storm, 2 persons left, how about the rocky road ahead? Anyway, WC bothered to wait for me, and we chatted through the night, about our lives, our future, families, and everything. A good catch up.

On Fri, it was so funny when we were talking about taolu, and our forms, and everything, then on my own I was combining BaGua and TangLang haha! Then Sheng Hui saw and LOLed me, and he too made a BaJiTangLang hahahas! That night was so called "The night we all achieved a higher level of wushu" hahahs! We internalized our forms into Tang Lang ever since XingYi TangLang during camp!!

On Sat, Lin's wedding was cool. Simple, loving, blessed. That got me thinking of my own in the future. Perhaps, I might like simple too? a simple getaway?? but it will be a once in a lifetime thingy, I would prefer grand, even though got little guests, make it grand? hahas. Or make it unique, a wedding that lasted a week? Plan some cool activities that link up on the theme of marriage?

After that, we decided to go town with blazers, short and SLIPPERS!!! hahas!!! Fun outing! Then we also decided to use the blessings form Lin for a posh dinner. Okay, not we, is I. Sometimes, I really wish there would be someone of my age with same mentality as me to share this "burden", but oh well. Anyway, I also decided that instead of my credit, it should be Lin's, as seeing how broke I am, I wouldnt give such a treat, and also, I decided not long ago, to pay it forward instead, to participate in Chope For Food movement. This way I dont just benefit people around me, but random strangers, a total random act of kindness, as benefiting people around me might be a biased action.

Then, Qing Ming. we went to pay respect to ShiGong Chen Yu He. That was when I saw how happy Jl was, to see his TuDi TuSun coming. Though we had a punctured tyre on our way, then me and Tai was like, "Okay, Im in red, you're in white, we look like the triangle signal thing, but stagnant, we should move!" hahahs! Then we went left right for awhile hahas! Something fun about Tai, he is able to think these dumb ideas at my frequency hahas! JL taught us about chinese history, about why grave is called "Mu Bei", it is because Confucius thought of erecting a stone to identify the grave he is visiting since the grasses would grow in a while. He also mentioned how only Southern China has "Bao Bing", which is to pay tribute to ancestors by wrapping ingredients in it.

Then, he mentioned about how famous was ShiGong, having disciples who are Rich and Famous yet at the end of the day, it is all up to us, one small wushuhub. Sigh. Sometimes, we should really treasure those people around you that dont seem to shine, cuz what glitters eventually leave for the brighter stars. Same as dramas and families too. After all the nurturing, those that returns are normally the ones we most neglect.

JL inspires me alot, with his life stories, with his level in the Martial Arts Realm. I remembered how happy I was when he praised my Ba Gua despite me not practicing it. I also remembered how disappointed I was when he stopped me before one part of my taolu, I really thought I was rubbish. He was different, he explained that after all it all goes to basics. When the basics are not right, taolu is not use. He usually stops people before half a taolu, some even at the very first step. He was right. I really had much to learn. He then showed me and enlightened me to some of the techniques, he didnt expalin, he just let me watch, and I understand. He is really that awesome! So I decided to visit him once a month, staying at CL house or BW. Why once a month only? Cuz firstly I had no time due to busy schedule and sch starting and responsibilities coming. Secondly by doing so he wont have too high expectation of me, leaving me with more chance to be diligent and impress him. He said, 勤有功戏无益 I think, cant remember exact wording, it means that hardwork pay off, acting wont show results. I witness how tough Chen Lei trained with him, to be able to achieve such standard.

So then mon, we all went to watch CL competition. Hahas, we can also see how strong is his ties with JL, we all tried to reassure him and calm him, but that hour was all in vain until he called JL to just talk to him. AWESOME! Really touching to see such Shifu-Disciple relationship!

Anyway, competition was stupid, all the 8.3, 8.4 ppl had lousier standard than him, jus that he was unlucky enough to have a strong one just before him. Then, they minus 0.4 marks! gosh so much! kns anyhow give marks, oh well, pointless pointless. I once thought what is the point of competition, so unfair and so pretentious, rather fight stage, but then again, what is Martial Arts if it is only about fights? After all, it is a personal journey of understanding yourselves, the peace and the world around you.

No comments: