Friday, March 2, 2012

Actually, was long since Ive been updating myself with the news. Rather, I should say I'm not updated with the Sg news. The last time I knew was the FT which called us dogs. I heard he's being kicked back. But anyway, yea, can be as angry, but seriously, the issue is over, why still continuing the fuss?

Sgreans are flooded with FTs, but somehow I think they are being too narrow minded. Often I hear sweeping statements, especially when it comes to FT stealing their jobs. I do understand and support some of their stand, for example about some FT who are given scholarships and allowances to study in Singapore and all, I think it's not about them stealing our jobs, but rather the fact that they get to skip NS and evaded their high expenditure in Sg.

If they were to come to Sg, with high qualifications, get into jobs of higher status, yet serve the NS for 2 years as well, and have to fork out money for living, I think the issue would not be that great. Ofcoz, by doing so Sg would be a less attractive place to sink their "talented" roots here, but hey, at least it's fair, and they get to relate to our lifestyles more, so as to understand our woes and thus would not blurt out insensitive remarks.

Then again, if that statement were to be said by a local, I think the issue would not be as great too. I mean, the person might just simply means, "there are many assholes in the world", just that because he is in Sg, he said so. I dont know, not very updated or cared to bother these pointless arguments, so I would only know the news in half-bucket-water. Haha.

I know quite a lot of foreign workers in sg, I think they are rather pitiful. Those who came in hope of social mobility, or those who came by the thought that the currency here is better without considering the cost of living, or those who faced discrimination and oppression.

Oh right, I could say Im considered a foreign worker too. But hey, I did loads of contributions I guess, Ive helped much people, influenced much people, didnt I made Sg a slightly better place to live in? And my spending habits and work, dont it help economy. I pay more expensive fees, with the same cost of living, thus gotta work harder to achieve what locals could achieve using less resources, in fact, some benefits are denied for me. I'm not convinced that Sgreans can just sprout sweeping statements of foreign people like us.

Somewhat, Singapore started off with nothing, grew by immigrants, what are they to restrict the influx of foreign people? Not all foreign people are assholes, please do not group us all together, just like it does not mean that one sgrean being elitism or ignorant means that sgreans are all dumb people, I think the key issues is on the policy of foreign people who could "Cut our lines" the moment they arrive at singapore. They should all some way or another, start on the same level as us, to get that bond growing first.

Also, I think to curb these social issues, please work on the income disparity first. These are the ones that caused the competitive job opportunities issues and such. Why not first, get those people of high status, to contribute to the society, by solely volunteering, by tutoring, by leading, by nurturing, not those who can, but those who have no opportunities due to their status and class.

Sometimes, I do wonder what are there atas people doing. What is the point of getting so much qualifications? What's the point of asking for more pay raise or write letters and etc, please, get your butts moving and do something for the society.

No comments: