Thursday, March 22, 2012

“Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got a hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.”

- George Bernard Shaw

Monday I spent the entire day watching Unriddle 1, the prequel of the current drama. The whole show was about revenge for the victim, and burying the hatchet for the protagonists, which eventually they couldnt, thus gotta suspect each other and all. Lots of questionables story line and drama cliches but still rather interesting to watch.

Yes, entire day I meant 14h. Couldnt believe that too. Then, did some materials for patching session 1.2, sociology summary part 1.

Tue met Tai at tp for lunch, then patching session, then went to Alexandra Village Food Centre for the bak kut teh and avocado, followed by 2nd round of swedish meatballs, cheesed fish and chicken wings at ikea. These few days have been really close with Tai. Thinking back, it's really strange how such "territorial" person would invite me up to his house at our first encounter. He only invites those he feel comfortable with into his "territory".

Enjoyed the whole journey, talked here and there, with him and his mum. One day, we should all have a get together again. So he was telling about the dialectic approach to debate and so on, then I told him that Sheng, Jo n Sx concluded I reject everything that is not me. So this got me puzzled, cuz I always think that I would not reject another viewpoint directly but tries to argue my viewpoint then influence them. One day shall clarify.

Sx was right, that although together so many years, we do have lots of disagreements as to our work attitudes and all those, but actually, that makes us even a stronger group, because we have so many personality and perspectives, we have many "impressions" of ourselves too, like Cooley's Looking Glass Theory. So yes, in a way it completes us.

I shared with him that my life fluctuates, just like my marks and personality. Personality wise, I used to dont trust easily, now I trust too easily, too "que sera sera" which is not good, sometimes, Im so open that I do leak other people's info too, which is definitely a no-no, no matter how small the issue. Then anxiety, I definitely changed, I do feel anxious at times now, as in those kiasu type, gotta prepare beforehand and etc. Moreover, I now would like to grasp hold on everyone close to me, and never let go, and better still if they do not change and etc. Years ago, I never had that "selfish" feeling, I wanted to have fun while we're around, and after that, its all our own individual pathways. So there are a few spectrum that I step in and out of.

Unriddle 2 is ending, the story line isnt as great as the first, the issue here is that the protagonist couldnt trust anyone around her but Da Bao. Even her own mum refused to believe her and even threatened her. Spoiler here, she got her retribution~~ muahahahhaa, serve her right. Lols. So yea, sometimes, I do have a subtle fear of losing the 3 of them. Like our differences and level of maturity and social environment might led us to drift apart slowly, which eventually drifted too far that my dream of having our 4 families to meet up one day for a dinner, will never come true.

So anyway, I helped KeiYun scout for his class jacket thingy, and went back a second trip today just for that, after my revision lecture.

I had also finished watching the long slow movie of "Extremely Loud Incredibly Close", not really sure what is it about, mostly cuz too heavy for my mind to process. I think the central theme is about coping of loss, making sense of things, and perhaps the idea that maybe, sometimes the thing we're looking for is close to us. Every person the protagonist met had to deal with a certain loss, loss of physical function, loss of loved ones, loss of dignity, etc. The title seems to suggest the mother-child relationship, how he never understands her but vice versa, as she had been tracking him all along without him knowing. Just that I felt that the kid, though is a kid, its too LL, like so full of himself and unsympathetic, blunt, and simply childish.

“Explore your mind, discover yourself, then give the best that is in you to your age and to your world. There are heroic possibilities waiting to be discovered in every person.” -author Wilfred Peterson

No comments: