Sunday, February 26, 2012

I wish we can Google how a certain person feels about us....

adapted from Facebook. Rather true, sometimes in life, misunderstanding happens, and when that time comes, Im sure many of us would wish that we can understand what exactly made the other party responded in such a way, so we can rectify or clarify it. At other times, at a gathering, we do wish that we can know whether or not the person likes being with our company. Similarly, teachers would wish that they know what exactly motivates and interest the students. Perhaps, this is what psychology is for.

Sometimes, how I also wish that we can see the mindmap of thoughts. This way, we can learn how professional counselors think when they are interacting with their clients.

Though BNF is tomorrow, I wasted rather much time on crap things other than studying for it. Over the weekends, I only touched an hour of it. Other times were looking through wikis and textbooks on amaths logarithms and sec 3 maths, and motivational stories, and stuffs to try to add value to their pop excel time.

I think this week, one of my greatest pride was that some of them remembered the iceberg theory of the conscious and subconscious mind. Next is the sec 1s. They are not at all willing to learn and study, simply wasting their time. There are many complains against them, but many times, these are those that will shine the brightest in their later life. How then, can I influence them? But first, I cant even handle my own current students, how to handle them?

‎"Effective learning in the classroom depends on the teacher's ability ... to maintain the interest that brought students to the course in the first place"

(Ericksen, 1978, p. 3)

And I kept having the feeling that I failed at that miserably. Sigh, must buck up~!

Then, was looking around motivation theories for ideas to make wushu a better place. Today I did little on the leading, left it all to Tai, and lots of screw ups, which I now then see the problems, and thus have a rough idea how to improve. I think I do well in small groups, but not big groups, and it's especially hard with the vast age range. Hmm...

After BNF, my next big event would be Ted =D I wrote out the inspiration from Samy at the Ted comment box.

I want Happiness. So first, I gotta remove "I", for that's ego. Next, I gotta remove "want", for that's desire. I would left with "Happiness". Happiness, like love, is a choice, not a feeling. Happiness is the default, we should not need a reason to be happy, only reason to be not happy.

Inspirational. There is no need of finding reasons to be happy. Sometimes I was evaluating my life of how "happy" is it, and try to balance my needs and wants of happiness, and my expectation against the population mean, and self concept vs self awareness. However, actually, there is no reason to find reasons of happiness. It is a default, and it should stay that way, if I dont feel happy or excited or joyous enough, means I am holding on to problems, so either distribute it away, or solve it, or just put it down for the moment.

No comments: