Saturday, April 18, 2020

So I have been doing nothing much,
Binge watching shows,
Occasionally read up on random stuffs,
and skipped around a few variety shows.

Well, I dont know,
I still couldn't adapt to this CB measures.
It's still torturous to be to be in the house,
I seek escape from my sleep,
These days I can sleep up to 16 hours a day.
A few online concerts actually gave me a purpose,
To feel excited again,
许冠杰,动力火车,刘若英,A-Lin,
and upcoming probably the One World : Together at Home concert
with Taylor Swift, The Rolling Stones, Sam Smith, Oprah Winfrey, and more.....

Meantime, I am just going through playlists,
So I looked deeper into this particular set of lyrics,
And the sadness of the speaker just got to me.

It's sooooo damn sad,
It's a song about this guy,
Who probably have a childhood friend,
and this girl probably got a boyfriend.
He felt that he had lost this friend because of the
complication of having a best friend of another gender,
because love is jealous right?
The entire song is about how he know he had feeling for the girl,
But since its a long time friendship he never once told her about it,
But now with her new boyfriend,
He could not freely interact with her without thinking through
that his actions may not be appropriate for a "non-boyfriend" friend.
He can only disguise his yearning for her
by being a "Gentlemen".
SO SAD RIGHT?!

So this is my interpretation:

薛之谦 (Joker Xue) - 绅士 (Gentlemen)

我想摸你的头发
只是简单的试探啊
Can I brush your hair
and what your response could be? 

我想给你个拥抱
像以前一样可以吗
Can I hug you like how we were in the past before you got a boyfriend?

你退半步的动作认真的吗
You moved back a step, 
Is that your response?

小小的动作伤害还那么大
It's a simple reaction, but its so hurtful 
that means we have already drifted apart

我只能扮演个绅士
才能和你说说话
I can only talk to you as a disguised gesture of a gentleman.

我能送你回家吗
可能外面要下雨啦
Can I send you back
For the rain may fall soon?

我能给你个拥抱
像朋友一样可以吗
Can I hug you like a gesture of friendship?

我忍不住从背后抱了一下
尺度掌握在不能说想你啊
So I went for a hug as a friend, 
Nothing can depicts the silent anguish,
that I couldnt say "I miss you" 

你就当刚认识的绅士
闹了个笑话吧
Just treat me as a gentlemen you just met, 
Don't read into that random hug, 
it's just a trivial gesture. 

你能给我只左手
牵你到马路那头吗
Can you give me a hand, 
To hold you over the street?

我会像以前一样
看着来往的车子啊
I will look out for the traffic for you
Just like how I treat all my friends. 

我们的距离在眉间皱了下
Our distance could seem complicated, 

迅速还原成路人的样子啊
Because we are just strangers,
I am just being a "gentlemen"

越有礼貌我越害怕
绅士要放得下
The more "polite" I become, 
The more I can get close to you, 
But thats what I fear most, 
For you ere never belong to me. 

No comments: