Tuesday, August 20, 2013

http://www.upworthy.com/loneliness-illustrated-so-beautifully-you-will-need-to-tell-someone

Above is a really amazing illustration of Loneliness.
Briefly, our maximum capacity of intimately knowing people is 150 people,
and increasing tech innovation led us to lose conversations into connection.
We expect more from tech to "mask" or "adorn" a certain image of ourselves,
to share, because we think by sharing, we are "living".

Thus I commented once,
that I think social media is a sociological breakthrough,
that we can understand another person without actually knowing them.
And through different platforms, diff information could be extracted.
The most immediate one might be twitter, as tweets are least pruned.

Nowadays with increasing tech,
I guess true friendship is even harder to spot.
Meetings could be easily done by creating events,
that would not mean anything cuz as we meet,
we would probably be "PR-ing".
Dates no longer needed to be remembered, tech help us to do so.
Events people do could be seen via social media,
connections is easy, topics are plenty,
comments, well wishes and greetings are virtual,
so what makes a friend really a friend now?

Really thankful for people that went the extra mile for friendship.
Last sun I received home made dumplings from a friend!
It was amazingly nice! It's "shui jiao" dumplings,
12 of them! in a box! ran over to deliver it warm! amazing!!
the skin is thick enough,
ingredients are flavored and balanced,
not too dry not too soggy,

Well, a really rare friend indeed,
furthermore, we had little things in common.

Today, celebrated a great friend's bday,
which shared the same nric bday as me.
So coincidental.

Simple meal, talked,
helped him buy food due to his leg problem,
laughed, and thats all.
Simple, Warm, Sincere.

Everytime meeting him would really make me think,
What am I achieving in life?
Apart of wasting time exploring,
where do I really belong?
where should I settle?
what is the right path for me?
where could I get the resources from?
would I be able to put down all the commitments I have?

Heard stories of an awesome friendship of his,
where the 3 of them met for 3 days,
lasted for 30 years.
And during birth they were in the same ward!!
Simply amazing.

Anyway......
He got to celebrate it on a clinic bed hahas poor guy!!!

1 comment:

Happy walker said...

nice video, thanks for sharing!