Monday, June 24, 2013

The week passed, the haze passed.
Tue was the start of the haze,
wushu was almost deserted,
Helped around as Jo had personal matters.

On Wed went for "Now You See Me" with wushu
A really brilliant plot, the tagline, "The closer you see, the less you'll see"
Though lots of unanswered questions, it is still a brilliant thriller.
Spend 20 bucks on food as the wushu ppl has not eaten,
yet most of them are quite full,
so quite a lot of wasted money,
furthermore going to MicroBrewery with WC spent again. Sigh.

Fri wushu was cancelled due to haze, so I went for Yfest,
so as Sat and today, Sun.
Y fest was quite alright, just supporting and enjoying music and local talents.
Sigh, really, if only I had a little better appearance and a better voice.
Bought an Ukulele too, concert Ukelele.

Friends.
was talking to a friend who has been close with me for a year.
I told him that I don't know why,
The closest people I know, drifts after a year plus,
and just as we reached a year,
another one came by suddenly,
I really do not know what this symbolizes.

Then, just as I was about to write emo stuffs,
the song played in my playlist,

细水长流.

It means when the water drips slowly and silkily,
it could flow longer.

So I thought of all the people I that I was close with,  
and that I suddenly realized same problem, 
I might be too rushed.
For example, wushu,
They are not too close to me,
not many of them really knows my emotions and life,
but they are the ones who would help if I were to be in trouble,
and we are still together even though our paths differ.
Yet again, there are lots of clashes in interests and all that. 
Well, we are the most diverse group ever.

Well, back to the song,
the song talks about guitar, music, dreams, and friends
it's really amazing how a friend gave me a guitar,
and then I was back in the musical track, 
and led him back to guitar too,
and also gave him much life,
much food, much exposures to the world,
much knowledge, much perspectives,
and he learnt fast too,
and even paid it forward to people around him,
that their attitude and all might not click with me.

Amazing friend I have, really unexpected. 
Well, wanted to buy an Ukulele for him, 
but due to financial restrictions I couldnt,
guess just need to wait for 1 more week till his surprise come.

Yet, now that my own financial power is depleted,
guess I couldnt do much already,
really up to him to seek adventure already,
and a test to see if I actually "have" a friend
or "bought" a friend. 

Speaking of that, my cell group has not met up for a month,
as what I predicted last year.
Without the leaders or my initiatives,
they would not even meet.
How to have bond like that?
The only person who after a while didnt meet,
would actually sms to catch up with us and all,
is just one person, that HIM.
Actually bought souvenirs for them during cruise,
luckily somehow I had this feeling to keep it first,
and distributed to those I am sure that would stay with me for quite some time.

Sounded selfish?
Well, no choice, hedonist,
well, at least I had lots of fun!
having huge xmas parties,
steamboats, laughter, dares,
exchanging presents,
bballing, fishing, ecp, ikea, kite flying....

Anyway, during the haze, I learnt alot, 
about empty promises, about everyday heroes,
I was so inspired by Josiah Ng that I also bought a box of mask
to be distributed to hawker and construction workers.
Also, a friend who actually went down to tamp from the west,
despite all her team backed out, and the PSI 400 haze,
to continue her project for the elderly. 

Today service was about Transactional Love or Relational Love
Do we love, to earn favour, cover consequences, avoid punishments,
or do we love, to be in awed, to appreciate, to put Him up on pedestal? 

1J4:18-20 wrote that Love transcends all fear,
fear include anxiety, anxiety of future, anxiety of mistakes,
but I guess it's really harder to do than in words,
I guess everyone would have a time in their lives,
that they feel tainted beyond hope,
but well, keep the faith! =)

And the verse continued to "We loved as He first loved.",
Reminds me of Micah 6:8 to Love Mercy, about the geylang YWAM.
Then, also, to Jim Elliot, who died in a missionary trip,
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.” 

Guess he was referencing to Mark 8:35
“For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, 
but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it”

Everyday heroes~~

No comments: