Saturday, November 17, 2012

“To put is still more plainly: the desire for security and the feeling of insecurity are the same thing. To hold your breath is to lose your breath. A society based on the quest for security is nothing but a breath-retention contest in which everyone is as taut as a drum and as purple as a beet.” 
― Alan Wilson WattsThe Wisdom of Insecurity

I think many times, Jealousy is indeed, invariably, a symptom of neurotic Insecurity. Though a little jealousy is healthy in a rs where it means how much the other means to you, but in a sense it might goads you to immense yourself in the insecurity deeper. I admit, as my level of self confidence and self esteem gets lower, the more insecure I feel and jealousy would seep in. However, it dont affect me much since I dont have any bgr, so its alright.

Anyway, back to topic, yea, sometimes, I feel that insecurity could be brought about upon yourself. Due to the overwhelming insecurities, the person will not be objective, the person will tend to love oneself more than the partner. In a sense, this person, lets assume is a "he", would start to evaluate her whether she is suitable for him, so he would place his own happiness and pleasure on the deciding factor whether the rs would be successful. Yet, on the process, this person would forget that both sides need to understand and compromise for each other in a rs, and also oblivion to what she had "secretly" done for the person, or what extend had she tried to get into his world. Somehow, I find this unfair, but then again, who am I to mind the matters. I dont have experience, neither will I have one any soon, so basically I think my viewpoint could be flawed and biased. Welcome anyone to share their opinion, just comment.

Anyway, found an article on common issues in relationship other than communication:

1) Jealousy - Afraid to lose
2) Attachment - no trust n self confidence
3) Domination - taxing on one n no mutual understanding
4) Selfish - Egocentric to own needs, oblivion to the efforts the other party put in
5) No time - Misplaced priorities
6) Too much time - no space for individual growth n creation of expression
7) Picking faults - Ignorance and no tolerance

source: http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/7-common-reasons-relationships-fail/

No comments: