Monday, November 19, 2012


Today school as usual, then after that I went for the TpRawks talk on Media Comm, with 98.7 DJs Divian and Jacque, with guest appearance Dee Kosh. Well, cool experience, took a little photos, thats all, I mean media is a temporary thing, unless you want to have your face seen which I dont, since I want my private crazy life too. Then, we head down to PrizeStage Scape and caught 2 stuffed toys!!!! woots I can make it my living omg haha XD

Then, I met with the class 2 people, who generously offered me a tix for a preview of "Undefeated". I admit I almost slept, but managed to last through it all since the tix is free I should appreciate it, and most of all the effort the film maker gave for the documentary. It's a simple movie about "hopeless" people becoming champions, but I guess our non-football culture could not relate to it much.

What I like though is theme behind it, which is that "It is not about handling Success, but handling Failure". They loss barely at the end of the movie, but most of them achieved their dreams of getting into college, and conquered themselves. And one of it goes something like "When you do the right thing, everything will be alright". The story behind this quote is that one of them had a injury that he initially refused treatment. The coach insisted that he take break from football which he did and accepted treatment. In the end, he was offered football scholarship.

On Earth, everyone is observing everything from their own perspective. There is no absolute truth. This was a quote I get from Life of Pi review. I think it is really true. Since we all live in a different world on the notion that we all have a different world view, the line between perceived and reality is really hard to differentiate. It was as if whatever we feel right "should" be the truth, and then we get supporters and it eventually becomes the truth. This is why sometimes psychologist claimed that when a liar speaks a lie frequent enough, he psycho himself into believing in it too.

"Animals in the wild lead lives of compulsion and necessity within an unforgiving social hierarchy in an environment where the supply of fear is high and the supply of food low and where territory must constantly be defended and parasites forever endured. What is the meaning of freedom in such a context? Animals in the wild are, in practice, free neither in space nor in time, nor in their personal relations." 

See the irony? That when we have free choice, we are tied down by all the needs and threats, and thus we are not free, but in captivity, in forced situation, we are actually free because we do not have any choice to make, which thus we have no frets, and no need of making choices, and thus we are free to create perspectives.

Then a friend asked me once more on Master Wu Gui's quote, "There are no accidents". So he asked me about my view. My view, is that there are major events which could be predestined, but the intensity of it is up to free will. I mean, there should be no justification that people are born murderers right? The societal forces are responsible for this individual to swerve into the murderer life. I dont think Judas is born just to betray right? After all there is still choice. Perhaps he had the choice to "betray" in a smaller scale, to the point where he could have back out during the Last Supper, and perhaps Jesus would still die but in a different way or by a different person or at least it is indirect?

I choose to believe that  we all have an ultimate choice for our minds. For example, maybe there is a purpose for someone to be in certain occupation, he can now choose to either accept it and use this skill into something better, or just suck thumb and que sera sera, wasting the purpose. After all, we'd never know which situations or circumstances are really misfortunes, 塞翁失马 焉知非福.

Today is a short post thus I shall end with some vocab.

prusten
the quietest tiger call, a puff through the nose used to express friendliness and harmless intentions

ineluctably
inescapably

diurnal
active in daytime

acuity
keenness of hearing, sight, or intellect

No comments: