Sunday, March 10, 2013

This week was great catching up with an old friend, knew of so much secrets and happenings and updates on stuffs, and his personal stuffs and also current situation of other people.... Really admired his "holiness", how he greatly relied on God to curb his problems and all, and his heart for the people, and etc.

Interestingly he do share problems up openly too, grateful for ppl like him, that I can also talk about my problems and get the stifling cotton wool off my lungs... But then again, I'm still feeling that incompleteness.... like there isnt a reli satisfying friendship i fostered throughout the years, like yes even if my purpose is to bridge people together, can at least have someone by my side to talk to and rely upon??

Perhaps I'm too into the quote:
"You measure yourself by the people who measure themselves by you."

Sometimes I'm really angry that i am inadequate towards stuffs, and the possibility of better outcome without my existence, and etc........ and that sometimes I think I had too much expectations towards people that the other party did not place me as high as what I do so for the person, and etc, like the song "you needed me", that i would do so much just because I needed them.... and the different behaviors of people... and then I see many bonded groups like gigantic covalent bonds, sharing and strong. Perhaps, Im more of ionic, strong due to giving, but could be taxing, and might be superficial. Sigh.

And also, those charming people, those good at singing people, am Im jack of all trades master of none, nothing i can really excel in, with so much passion but no ability to do anything significant... sigh

Then again, its like getting angry and thinking you're a failure and flipping table, it simply just making your flaws more obvious.   

Okay move on..... Then..........

It's called the Basil Soup Incident. Basically I have never tasted a Hakka traditional dish and so I followed the recipe, to turn up with a bowl of green herbal strong and weird tasting soup, I thought I failed.

Thus after we went to taste it, we conclude I succeeded the recipe but it was not tasty...

So then we had second round at bak kut teh, which made our taste especially good, and so we named it the modern version of "starter" dish. And the concept of "not knowing what is nice if you don't go through the bitter ones" (卧薪尝胆).

Hahas we're quite sure that ancient Hakka ppl was playing truth n dare in herbs and created that, then a prankster had the idea to make it a traditional Hakka dish to troll future generations like us...

The week passed by fast, again mainly cooking and teaching, and a little of sports here and there for leisure.

Thats all for this post, ciao~!

No comments: