Friday, April 1, 2011





"And it won't make one bit of difference if i answer right or wrong.
When you're rich, they think you really know~!"

Great quote from a long lost movie: Fiddler on the Roof. Thanks to Sophia I found this song again. OMGosh I realised I could follow half of the song. "Lord who made the lion and the lamb, you decreed I should be what I am, would it spoil some vast eternal plan? If I were a wealthy man." Is exactly how I feel, with $, I can do lots of things, fulfill lots of needs, gift lots of gifts..... sigh....

Anyway, today was a sad day for me. I promised a kid to come back for him at 7pm to have a little chat with him on his way home, yet I was late by 4mins. I couldn't find him in SCC so I actually went all the way to his block, and even up to each stories and strolled. He must be feeling betrayed, left out, ignored now.... sigh...

Auntie Imm was sharing about the 3 generations cooperation, we have to keep monitoring the kids, to keep them from being astray. She shared that some churches have a team to visit 20 kids' homes to monitor weekly. I think this is an awesome movement. I think everyone with the heart to make a difference should commit to at least make a difference to one kid. Ofcoz this should start by removing the segregation of responsibilities, we are all old enough to know rights and wrongs, and what to do in certain situations, we should be more open to each other, and less on the 'It's not your responsibility' excuses.

Uncle Joe served his last day today, yet I forgot to bring the Cool Joe plush I wanted to give him =( so fail... oh well, maybe its just a sign telling me that a plush might be unsuitable for him. I took an hour to make a simple card with simple designs, using own printer to print out. He is an awesome guy =)

Back to the kid, I think the more the kids are in these single parent situation where they are already deprived of half if not 80% of the love due to the parent trying to make ends meet, the more the parent should give some leeways, communicate with the child by maybe writing journals, a day off to have lunch and dinner together...etc. The mutual trust must be there. As I was speaking to Auntie Rita, most of the time we really is 心有余力不足. It is always all the black and white restrictions that turned us into angels with pinioned wings. Also I noticed there are some kids keeping problems to themselves, and neglecting studies as usual, I really hope I could help, maybe I could suggest the 'freedom writers' method or if possible some home visits along with Auntie Imm, and might call in Samy for help.... =) sigh... 谋事在人,成事在天...

Sigh, that kid is actually rather sensible, and knows his limits, just that he is hot-tempered, yet respectful to most staffs unless angered. Sigh... although my presence has not made a big impact, at least I made a little difference. =)Anyway, Uncle Joe's shirt wrote 'Making a Difference' today~!!!

No comments: