Thursday, March 24, 2011

My days volunteering in SCC

Boisterous boys and giggly girls echoed the hall as I make my way into my first 'job' interview. Frankly, I was attracted by the very 'noisy' atmosphere that they discourage. That created the impression of a 'home of fun and bonding'. Neither did I know that it actually contained quite a few dramas and extraordinary stories.

Awesome things happened, and some not so pleasant things, however I still feel that my presence did not influence them much, they are somewhat still the same old them.

Well, I left a month before school, I'm a little worried I could not adapt back to the lifestyle I suppose to be having. No matter the extend of my influence, at least I had fun.. and filled-stomach haha. Sometimes I feel like I'm a world class entertainer without the need of vulgarities and obscenities, or racism. Most of them really enjoyed by company when they play hantam bola, coz I would come up with lots of ridiculous ways and ideas and dance and stunts to 'evade' the ball. Being with the kids really is like revisiting my childhood, just that I could not do anything but nag at them. At most, I can prevent, but not forever.

The hantam bola game today was totally a war, John A-kid Kenneth was targeted, the shot was thrown at their utmost strength, all cleared space for the thrower to aim at the victims. I was totally upset, by his behavior. How could someone like him stay to lead such bad example? SCC is not just a place to hang out after school, it is a third, if not second, home. Why is such conflicts necessary? And during baseball, he jeered for the other team, shouting 'keep it up' when the thrower threw a foul ball, dampen spirit. He is a typical damai. I think he had became worst, he showed signs of becoming a mud hooligan.

On contrary, I see people like John, never giving up to put up a good show even if he is the only boy in his team of 3 girls, versus the all-boys opponent. I see how he distant himself away from someone who his teacher deemed as 'bad company', and the amount of books he has read. Some funny stuffs of him is that his mum usually forbids him to buy snacks and drinks, so he never tell his mum about him snacking, however his mum claims that when she took him to the supermarket he would comment: 'This I've tried, that i've tried, this flavour not as good as that one, this brand is cheaper' haha =) cute... He's a malaysian, I think he's quite a good kid except he might be a little big headed sometimes.

Well today I came to heard of some family issues of some people. I'm still glad that my family is still bonded by love, even though there might be little understanding. And yea, I'm glad to have parents who trusted me and gave me permission to socialize in pri sch so I do not have to sneak out to snack, not to mention beat me or confiscate my hp. I accompany him home, tried to cheer him up and gave advise of how to smoothen their relationship, hope it helps. This reminded me of the day on bus he told me 'I don't have parents, I only have parent'... These little ones have extraordinary tales amidst their ordinary faces... he's rather handsome haha =)

(to be continued)

No comments: