Sunday, September 16, 2012

Today we were discussing about Birthdays. So then an interesting question poped up, What is the meaning behind birthday?? Why birthday?

The very basic answer is of course a celebration of life? However I think that is so much more in it.

For the very least, for me, I think that in this very day, I would try to maintain my spirits. I wouldnt try to get things in m way, I would sort of "push" them aside in order to have the day happy for me. With this in mind, ofcoz I really hoped that there would be some surprises here and there, anytime anywhere. Ofcoz for me, seldom it actually happens on the exact day.

Anyway, my point is, there would be these special occasions that even if the stuffs we do are usual, like Reunion Dinner and Mooncake Festivals, it is special because this is the day where we would try to be in our own world and enjoy the day. This could be even better with friends and families that actually remembers it, and even more touching and extraordinary if you kept quiet about everything and somehow one way or another people remembers it.

"Life is a celebration of you on my arms" quotes from La Cage Aux Folles, I think to spend a birthday with your loved ones is really a bliss, and ofcoz I stems out to friends, colleagues, students, etc. It's kindda like a recognition of the impact you had on people, and that the people celebrates the gift heavens sent on that very day, a celebration of life.  

1 comment:

Happy walker said...

birthday to me mean grow up one year lo~ XD