Monday, July 18, 2022

 The Birthday Chapter

Today was such a weird but awesome day. Started the day without any plans and no one jio me on this very day thus I accepted a "video shoot" at Studio Z. A part of me was salty that I didn't have anyone to ask me out today. No plans. Then JL ask me for a videoshoot on THIS VERY DAY, appearing ignorant of ts importance?!?! The more realistic part is the "oh after the shoot we will be busy editing so you can hang around the studio", wlao not even a dinner or something.................. 

Due to watching Thor at Imax 3D last night, I slept in quite a lot, then went to support "Majie" Tour, then a birthday steak lunch with C and then with W to the 5 scoops of Ice Cream on 1 waffle. 

Was initially bumped as the people closest to me didn't actually "wish" me Happy Birthday, tbh I felt bad that 28 years of my life these closest friends didn't remember. Though I'm kinda expecting the jio only after the waves of FB reminders and all start coming in, since most of the time I am the one initiating to meet up and throw a party for my bday. So after lunch, it was 5pm, I met up with Z and SS to walk around Plaza Sing, then went to Studio Z as they claimed to have a "Video Shoot" of me in a talk show. When I was reminded that there may be other panelists I actually panicked, but was told it was an internal shoot so that got me off guard. Upon reaching the studio, I stepped into the "shooting room" to find myself showered with party poppers, WL, LL, DQ, SL, WH, MY, JQ, KP, WS, were all in this super elaborate plan altogether! It was so believable as JL mentioned they will be busy with editing and all. Wlao! Never would I expect something like this. I was expecting a simple dinner within the group to "celebrate" after the "video shoot", but it was all but a part of the ONE BIG GRAND PLAN!!! 

Thanks guys! Super super super touched as people like JQ, KP, WS traveled all the way north for this! And WL, LL, DQ, SL, and even KH are supposed to be here for the big day! Played some party games, ktv, boardgame, and then drinking game. I guess I ended up quite bad cuz I don't remember much except when I woke up at the staircase of Tanah Merah and grabbed home. 

ZH not only had gotten me a John Lennon shirt shipped from Ukraine, but also Thor Imax 3D last night, and then a JD sneakers today, Nike AirMax! Then JL and CL bought be a set of clothes to upgrade my wardrobe, which I am constantly appreciative and grateful for! MY set up a date with her friend and I am rather excited to meet her as I never thought someone like her would still exist in the world! Though we just know each other but the level of detail she has on me shows the extent a good friend can really go. I didn't think I have mentioned about my flaws and my "criteria" since so many has said I'm too out of reach and the ideal girl I wanted no longer exist. So for this, I'm super super super touched! I must say, because of the phuket trip, my Instagram game upgraded and thus the "date" accepted to meet me! WOWOWOOWOWW for the first time in my life I felt I am super valued, and a girl actually "approve" of my appearance and accepted the match up! I am no longer the DUFF! I am no longer the side character! 

Words cannot express the heartfelt gratitude of these people in my life, for JL to contact all my closest friends to throw me a surprise. I felt, if one day I had a proposal or wedding plan, these would be the friends that would do anything everything for me. These are the friends who would not be shy if intervention were to happen. These are the friends who will be the constant pillars of my life, to remind myself about the silver lining at every future stage of my life. For the more introverted like JQ and SS, so so so so honored to be the one that they would step out of their comfort zone for! JQ had to go through a TCM treatment at bedok right before the surprise, and managed to still come in for the night! Everyone had work in the next 4 hours but all stayed through the night to make the night a super memorable one. Feels super super super good that this time round I didn't initiate anything at all and they did everything on their own accord. Super super super touched, I am pouring at the point of this blog entry (okay no la, drama only sial, just tears of joy hahhahahas).  KP had to celebrate an aunt birthday but also managed to come to join in the celebration eventually, and volunteered to send us back to the east. So so so so so so touched! WS came alone this time, and traveled far and wide from east to north west just for me. I am beyond words for this kind of dedication and kindness towards me, I am truly happy that I still deserve this much greatness in my life. 

Hanging out with the bigger boys always made me ponder the life decisions I made in my life, that I am neither here nor there. I was so convinced of a non white collar work, of the gig economy, of the freedom of time and money I could achieve, only to find myself lagging in pandemic-friendly skills, I don't have any technical expertise in any fields, don't even have stability in career, and career progression is so ambiguous, this alternate road I travelled has not been the smoothest, and to embark on my degree at this stage of my life means I am past my prime career-pursuit age, my goal at 30yo is a step improvement but still I would be lagging behind sooooo much. But yet, these little things, these little wonders, reignites a glimpse of hope that at least I have made differences in the people around me, at least I was in some ways, at some time, to some one, a radiating beam of joy. Thank you!

Then comes the day after, Monday, where we started off with a NDP filming for a MV, then Dani Corliss Kris surprised me with a cake, no wonder they "Late"! At night, MY and WH planned for a dinner with me, I went along, then MY gave me a very nice "Simba", wowoowowow Lion King is my fav disney cartoon, cuz I always relate to how Simba is trying to learn adulting at Lion King 1, and then at 2 is like learning the push and pulls of a parent, and then Simba's daughter Kiara is someone questioning existence, about social constructs and purpose of life, loved the song "We are One". It's like the lyrics goes like "As we go through life we'll see, there is so much that we don't understand. And the only things we know is things don't always go, the way we planned." So anyways, she gave me ayellow roses too symbolising friendship and joy, and a looooong message tgt with wh, very very touching indeed. She got the gift of words hahhahas! Mistake reading on the train though felt like a rejected guy with flowers reading break up letter at the corner seat of the train cabin. So then the night continues to a surprise Candlelight Concert of ABBA!!!! Wooohoooooo my first candlelight event, at the renowned CHIJMES. So the birthday week isn't over, the next day boss called for a meeting, which turns out to be a birthday celebration for Kris, Me, Simon and Patara too. Very very thoughtful!

As I said, I don't know where the future holds, and don't know what I am doing right or wrong, nor if the path I take is wise, but I do know one thing for sure, I know where I am DEFINITELY not gonna be. I'm still grateful for the googly eyes moments I have today! 

So once again from the bottom of my heart.............. 

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!! for such a meaningful and memorable birthday surprise I ever had!

No comments: