Friday, May 1, 2020

So, it's almost the end of the first month of Circuit Breaker.
I'm finally better. Not because I adapted to this though.
So there comes a time when my mother annoyed me so but I threw a
HUGE tantrum, and it was for a very very trivial thing.
That was when I thought damn this CB shit is taking a toll on me.
The hopelessness, the coop up angry bird,
the loneliness, the rage.

So yes while I am still glad about government support,
This and that, BUT financially and functionally,
I wasnt getting much yet, in fact till date,
I have only received the Temporary Relief Fund.

You see, as a Tourist Guide, I am jobless now.
At the start of Covid, I thought that it would be affected,
thus I went to do part time at a brewery.
Meanwhile, I signed up for ACLP,
Thinking it is great time to part time study, part time work.
Then comes entertainment suspension,
I still get 2 or 3 hour slots, enough for daily meals,
and then comes Circuit Breaker.
Im then jobless.

Due to my involvement with Brewery and all,
The SIRS payment is not applicable to be back then.
And then I am not considered Self-Employed just due to part time,
So I cannot tap into the Training Fund,
My goodness sake dont tell people good news when there are fine prints,
To make accessibility so damn hard, might as well I prepared for no help at all.
I felt super betrayed.
I forsee a problem with my livelihood,
Time and again I tried to alleviate the situation.
Time and again I hit the wall.
But then there are tons of people out there,
Sitting their ass whole day doing nothing,
Just wailing and complaining,
But now they receive all these Grants and Support so seamlessly.
Now I'm appealing for most of these again,
Hopefully SIRS will be open for me at the very least.
I have gotten the Letter of Eligibility from E2I,
But then I realize most of the course are out of reach because CB,
And the ACLP I am on now its "too late" to apply. WHAT?!?!?!?!
Sigh, appealing again, but Im so prepared of the worst la.

So, the situation now is that I can't get a good temp job because of my ACLP course,
I have random days of the week dedicated for that sessions,
So most of the jobs are out of reach for me because :
- Travel to the west for a few hours of work
- Require full commitment without non flexible off days for my course
- Long contract that I cant commit to it
- Some technical skills required I dont have
- Too popular of a job that I didnt get any reply

So eventually, now I'm q-ing up for food in hawker,
for 2 waves of orders, dispatch to riders,
and thats it. It's again just enough to cover my meals,
So financially its shit job,
But then the latent benefit it brought me was sooooo much.

I got an excuse to go out in the sun again,
I dont have to walk at night to get fresh air,
I talked to the vendors, got some hope here and there,
I am being more optimistic about things,
I can get my lunch without q-ing!
I am eating relatively healthy again,
My mood improved!

Yes by optimistic, I saw a few changes in lifestyle out there,
There are actually hawker vendors that are glad we continued deliveries,
That theres this app to continue business,
Some people are super happy when Macs and BBT were closed because they got more business,
Some neighborhood stall enjoyed being in the limelight now that
the CBD is empty, and they can still get gov support and pay off their rent.

Yea, so being out there gets me going.
Social media is toxic.
People criticizing for everything and anything,
To the point even Singing and Clapping seems like a crime.
It was such a great initiative,
Where people feel connected through this organised act,
Be it to show appreciation or to kill time,
It's something for the entire nation to do,
I really dont see the need of dissing the effort.
Starting to be annoyed as SGAG cuz of the lady keep shouting.
Sighhhh the world needs more empathy, more care,
Not insults and sneers.

Elderly exercising alone inside cordoned area,
How deadly and the freaking spread be?
An activity for him/her to kill time right,
say nicely la, no need virtual-shaming,
some person after exercise panting sitting down without mask,
give him/her a break la, how to breath with that shit?
People queue for ikea, people are observing 1m and all these precaution,
People may not think upgrading their home furniture was necessary because
They were most of the time OUT, now need to spend 2 months IN,
They rush to buy, Understand them la.
People rushing to buy Macs and BBT,
Hahahahs this one I got nothing to say,
they say Hungry people are Angry people.
Every "last" meal is gonna be like this what,
but again measures are still observed, they havent lost their minds,
don't you forsee? blaming these "covidiots" are such a Privileged, Myopic and Apathetic act.

Oh well, I'm only alone, with my unpopular views, ciao.




No comments: