Monday, June 25, 2012

Last week happened rather fast.

Some highlights was the barrage trip on wed.
I invited my cell members to join, and strawberry jie jie was popular in less than half an hour. Managed to capture few really nice shots, and also a really nice moment of ky smiling with the kids. Dont know why their smiles are so captivating!! The kids, and ky too.

On thur I sent my mum off, then went to collect the payment on her behalf at geneva, followed by buying liquir at Shen's WoknBarrel at outram. Along the way, went into the nice looking apartment finally, been wishing for that since we went to the Celebratory Dinner long ago.

Fri was the BBQ, so thur I stayed over at J's house, then fri spent the whole day preparing for it. Also a nice experience, though I was really upset YouLian and HuiYi couldnt make it, their bonds made me really really happy. As I spoke to J today, yes its a silence agreement that we are eyeing on that 5, that reminds us of our past, to become the next batch of trainers, as we slowly retreat. Im glad ky found a new group of friends to hang out with, hopefully their will foster a strong friendship with each other, and his personality make it more probable that the 5 will remain as 5 instead of 4, zanne being our 5th.

Sat we went to SDC for youthphoria, I think I had a burnout that day, I started off rather reluctant and lethargic, and perhaps so thats why I almost flared out when they all refused to try the remote controlled tank game. I was so upset, as if wasting money effort and time when they could grow more joining Kok Guan's speech. In the end, they saved the tix to play at another station where they enjoy more. Snow White was not very suitable for them in my opinion, and due to the short time we had, we had to cab back since it was already 8. Totally planning fail. Perhaps it could be better if they did not tag along? Then the games are better appreciated, and we could catch the Madagascar 3 on the 2.30 slot since I could have been there at 10am.....

Sun since J stayed at my house, I left wushu early. Oh, it was a bad day, massive toll of puking trainees.

So reflection after a whole series of fun filled holidays:

I think I have destroyed my image to my cell members through certain things, and I deeply regret it. I think I'm backsliding too. But on the good side, I think I have also exposed them to lots of new experience. Sad thing is, I was called for another review by J, which I predict it will be unpleasant, they were upset of me bringing in the cell members, I was at wrong ofcoz, I think I shouldnt have done that. I was coming from the perspective that things are better with A.Imm, so if they were to "meet" at an outing, and she witness how much the kids love them and their potential of being volunteers, it would be win-win situation.

Then, for the bonds Ive seen from few groups, I don’t know why I had this really happy feeling, even though it could be really trivial. Like when I know of certain people doing something Ive never heard of, in terms of some achievements, I feel really happy, and not to say ofcoz when people get connected, J got taught piano by T, and etc. It was like the interconnectedness of people and how each benefit one another and all have fun, these really really delights me, that I felt like capturing that emotion, that participation, that networking, into an ever-lasting frame, photographs.

So then I was thinking, that feeling, could it be that all fathers feel this way too? That kind of pride and joy, of living vicariously through their children, to see them grow, achieve things. This feeling is not common esp to peers, perhaps if you mention your achievement to a peer they would give u the sian, or diao, or no-big-deal face, but to your parents, it would be better than striking lottery or receiving promotion. And the kind of feeling, where you wouldn’t mind to do things to pave their ways, to the expense you wouldn’t mind compromising ourselves for them. I find it so illogical and absurd yet unable to get out of it. Imagine then, how happy would our creator be as we “report” our great doings in His name and how we worship with our own lives. =)

Oh yea, must thanksgiving for the incident today too….

Just now as I do the laundry, J’s shirt flew down to a seemingly abandoned house due to the closed windows and dusty empty front. Thus I was so worried that I went to the house on top to try to push it out using bamboo pole, but to no avail, so I wanted to climbed out to get but the owner freaked out and forbid me to so I was so vexed before sch. Then I found it on the letterbox when I reached home. Really really thankful.

Then again, after all my thoughts, I chance upon the verse, Galatians 6:3, the verse isn’t new, but the version is new, the New Living Translation: If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important. It’s an interesting perspective, the usual versions led me thinking it meant we must be humble and not to think too highly of ourselves, but then this version mentioned about “help”. What is “too important to help someone”? Could it mean that by putting in lots of effort to help someone might also suggest how highly we placed ourselves in that person life such that we are fooling ourselves?

 This is to be pondered upon and to be seek for enlightenment and deeper understanding.

No comments: