Thursday, December 17, 2015

If I could steal one final glance
One final step
One final dance with him
I'd play a song that would never ever end
Cause I'd love love love to
Dance with my father again

The lyrics speaks into the deepest emotion of us! The writer uses the word "steal" as if to suggest the helpless yearn of the speaker to see the father again. He uses "glance" because all she ever wanted is a real expression from the father, and this timeless emotion is something no photograph could retain, that feeling, that emotion, that flesh, all she needs is that glance. And the whole imagery of dancing, and steps, is all about the dynamics in the dance, of understanding each other, such as to step in the right time and in the right direction, together, harmoniously, complementarily.  


So much things happening all at once in this December. It's weird how life plays out this way. The good times don't last, and the worst things comes swarming just because the end. 


My life was good until recently lots of system changes that slowly steal away all the good things in my life. 

But then, at this adversity, I truly truly grateful and thankful for friends that helped me out cuz I'm handicapped within the camp. 

One of my friend went from woodlands, to toa payoh, to choose and rent my TLC Christmas party aladdin costume for me, and deliver to my house at Eunos. Another one helped me do up the presentation slides needed for my emceeing at the event. The event hosts too were so forgiving about my absence and I'm sure they are undergoing a great deal of stress doing so. Ofcoz. My family too for all the backstage help and to bring all my props on the event date. I will put up a good show! 

However, bad things are happening too. Just on December alone, 4 of my friends posts their loved ones, and 1 of them is my close friend. Her dad was ice skating when he fell and felt dizzy, little did she knew. The point is, life is so unpredictable, so sudden, one moment you may be having fun and all, and then you'll never guessed that it might be the last fun times with the person. Sigh. Treat every moment, every meet, every activity, with much glee, cuz at least, when shit comes, you know you could let it be. But the saddest of all, is to think that a joyous season of thanksgiving, of family bonding, of a hopeful foresight to a better year ahead, of concluding all loose ends of the current year, yet these friends have to go through this season with a missing piece. Sigh. 

No comments: