Sunday, August 29, 2010

Went for teachers' day lunch today. It's a 7-course lunch, similar to prom. As predicted, it would be very dead unless the emcee or 'troublemaker' are fun. The lunch started off rather dead, everyone busy eating, not much talking or participation in anything, until the quiz part where we had some laughter. Then is dont forget the lyrics. The emcee wasnt very enthusiastic, party because of her voice i guess, but besides the rv talent time emcee, i dont see much in student emcees.

Finally is uncle jeffrey's speech, very comical, inspiring and motivational as always.

I think being teacher is tough, it is rather unrewarding, stressful, tiring, frustrating, esp for moe teachers. To personally, it is hell. Teachers have alot of responsibilities, they have to mind their words. Some words might make a big impact, positively or negatively, on one student. For me, sometimes I feel really irritated when a student come to me and act big like "what you taught me is wrong, suppose to be ____", i mean that applies to wushu, coz my style of teaching is to give the infrastructure then the details, ofcoz i dont demand big in the beginning...

Then again thinking back, I've been failing to teach, to pass my knowledge of a particular thing to others, hopefully benefiting them. To err is human, but the comments like "I'm not surprised if he teach wrong" really angers me, irritates me, crushed me... It's either that, or what I taught is not most effective for him... That disheartened me even more. Well, that's when I feel 'why should I care so much, life will find a way, dont need me', and then another side of me will always be the asshole that persuaded me to act, to say 'this might be your purpose in life, a change in just ONE person makes a diff'... Im torn.... So I concluded: mai gei khiang, mai KPO...

Anyway, back to today's event:

Meanwhile... there's an uncle who was clearing our desk, however because he wanted to accumulate the rubbish on our tables, he accumulated on a left-three-people table. his expressionless face, coupled with the dumping action was SUPER HILARIOUS! it was like he buay song that table, so the three person was totally stunned, and we had a great laugh....

After that went to watch movie, Grow up, had a great laugh too =)

No comments: