Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Inception is a great movie, truly intelligent, truly captivating, truly a masterpiece. It is a somewhat mixed genre, of sci-fi, thriller, fantasy, action, comedy, james bond and a little horror. It adopts a matrix style whereby it will lead you to question yourself, not of existence but of dream. It contains the theory of subconscious, preconscious, dream incubation. It's about a man who tried to use dream incubation on another guy, using his dreams to alter his thoughts. I personally like the question: Is the world you are currently on real? Do you remember how you came to this place? Yea, it is true that in a dream, you just pops up nowhere, anywhere, randomly, yet it feels so real and vivid. Oh, and the concept of depth of dream, 2nd layer and more, dream in dream, I experienced it once, it was rather tiring. In this movie however, they brought in limbo, a hell for people who died in deep layer of dream, where they would stay there for a very long time until they got 'kicked'.

After watching the movie I can relate myself to it a little. Frankly, I never had a satisfying sleep where I could wake up fresh and revived, there's still that sense of mental fatigue that sleep wont cure. Often at my preconscious state, I struggled to refuse or reject that I'm gonna wake up in the real world. Yet inside, I might just be in a total dark world stoning, unless I could remember the dream. The theory in the movie is great, that there is this architecture of dream, and the architecture must never tell the dreamer the layout of his dream or else the subconscious will know where to get to and how.

No comments: