Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I remember someone asked me this question: why are people getting more petty? I think the answer lies on this thing you're facing right now. By now, I'm sure most do realize the absurdity of technology. It is an inversely related thing, the more a country is technologically advanced, the lesser the real bonds between humans. Nowadays these bonds are so virtual, so unreal, this is a reason I find myself hard to sustain a conversation more more than 10 rounds. In the future, those who values friendship will be the creme de la creme, a one-of-a-kind, a living treasure. People now could chat so lively in the virtual world, yet speechless in the reality. People getting hooked with games that eventually they loathe to even step out of the house, or even just to get up and shit. Thats why brotherhood to them means nothing, or rather it would perish from the dictionary then. I used to be beleaguered by debts last year, I let petty took charge for this year, and other than the presents for birthdays, I have loads of money left. Technology create comfort, but it erodes empathy. It would soon be almost impossible to put oneself in another's shoe in the future.

No comments: