Thursday, January 17, 2013

The week zoom pass again.

Well, this week was not as tiring as last week, my major concern is the assignment 3. Let's see, this week, nothing much have been coming, being really focused on school school and more school. I rejected going to reservoir yesterday, and then they came over instead~!! I offered to cook maggie and they thanked me too~~ woohoo~! Happy about it =) finally I did something great in the week. However sadly they were not full.

Oh, last sat I actually went to the HSEU family fiesta, I think I wasted my money but oh well. The tenders are really dis interested and not engaging, totally fail to be tenders. I mean seriously, its a family fiesta, cant you smile more and etc? Oh anyway, got J a calligraphy name thingy, and it looked really really nice!

On sun we actually helped JL for the New Year Goodies distribution to Chai Chee residents. XD Enjoyed it much. Then, we had a little bball game before heading home. During the distribution, many parents and Bedok Trainee kids came. Really glad to use this event as a platform to showcase how different is our group. We dont just teach martial arts, we teach people to be a good human. There is just so much more you can learn besides the strokes and physical stunts in wushu. Wushu is a culture. I am who I am because largely of my wushu group. In here, we do all sorts of things, organizing events, leading, volunteering, and respect. As such, that make me expect alot from people around me as well, I think there is really a myriad of knowledge for us to stumble upon and grasp them, we should let the young ones expose to the world soon.

That day, I was explaining the real world of stocks, how it came about, how it works, what might happen, what causes crisis, and all. The world is a harsh place no doubt, but in midst these, there are many heartwarming stories too.

So on that day, this came up:


"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." 

Reminds me JL speech, he mentioned about doing good not for friends or hours but the passion to serve, must make it into something natural, then we won't be weary XD

He believe that as we do good, and people see it, they will have more empathy to not cheat us or that sort. And even if so, there will be people who are even stronger, to help us along. Remember the movie "World Without Thieves"? Despite being so naive, the monk had 2 master thieves helping him against the train of thieves, even if he is unaware throughout.

He also mentioned about balance, about shame too. It's an irony really, that the poor often demands dignity, refuse to admit their dire situation, whereas the rich are the ones doing the underhand methods and other shameful acts. Sigh. Anyway, yea, so there will be awesome people like JL that offers his money and effort to help, but there must be people to accept his help. Just as the World System Theory, the Core gives the Periphery(s) refined goods, and in turn they offer labour and raw materials.

Nothing wrong about poor, its how society is built. But I do feel the rich should be encouraged and educated to do good more, as I felt they are getting more and more corrupted and selfish. With understanding and kindness, Im sure the world is a better place. Ofcoz, there still must be rich and poor, so the government and the public sectors have jobs to do.  

Speaking about good, was chatting with a friend, and found out that her dad's company sponsored the furnitures for the show "dream home project". The show is about this team helping a needy to build a brand new home. And the home is not shabby, its hardwork and excellent design, better than most 3 rooms in fact. Though DIY, the style is really high class. Really blessed to have such a great awesome family. XD



No comments: