Monday, June 4, 2012


Fun-tastic Day~
At YOUth Fun-Tastic Amazing Race
by East Coast GRC

The day started at 6.30am, where I stated to mass sms and morning call. Then we met at BK simei for a breakfast treat by me =) My team consists of Jorgen, Nickolas, Cheuck, De Quan and Zheng Hui. They all come from all sorts of areas, all sorts of streams, ITE, Poly, JC, NA, Exp. It seems to be the oddest team ever, as if pulling in strangers and forcing them to bond. However everything turns up way way better than expected. 

So we started off with a little Ice Break and joked around, before we finally set off! Our first stop, FengShan, luckily I thought of getting there by 14, so we alighted at Tanah Merah for that, thus managed to get there 10 mins before 10, which they insist we start at 10. Anyway, the stations are easy, broken telephone, movie charade, and eating pizza. I think considering their sizes they are one of the fastest groups. Really awesome.

Then, I left for Bedok CC where they RAN all the way to Kampong Chai Chee for the photography and Magic The Gathering. Then, it was Library, followed by Bedok CC. Bedok CC was one of the toughest station, but it was fun, we had to recite a looooong speech, pop balloons, learn some martial arts, throw some balls.

This was when I left for Changi again, and they had fun singing Stand By Me together at Siglap CC!!!! Aww it was soooo fun~!!!

At Changi, we wasted quite some time trying to find the challenge station, then we breezed through the tasks, and that nokia game, tower of something. Next, we head to the most isolated place, the Changi Fire Station. We didn’t even need to be briefed and DQ started to do all the tasks in utmost speed and quality, the Madam and other firemen were full of praises. Here I bought them a packet of Chicken Rice for a quick lunch.  

So then it comes to our last two stations, the first was easy though waste time, the second was really awesome! They had to do some handcraft thingy which I overheard the staffs saying that we were the fastest and most cooperative group. “They must have known each other for 6 or 7 years” hahahaha, that really brings joy to my ears. Then, the next task was to dance to the music “Hot and Cold” by Katty Perry. Here too, they were saying that there was a boy who sang the song with much enthusiasm despite the cramps, and the willingness to learn the dance moves. They gave us a 80. =) The last task was stacking cups.

So that was all for the amazing race portion of the day, we went for the laser tag, and then it was my performance, Ji Ti Ba Ji, San Jie Gun, Ji Ti Dao. Linnet was there too, really grateful she took her time to come down and support. She has always been very supportive of us since I known her.

Then, we played the carnival games, till our results came in……….

And 5th prize goes to….. wow this is a good number, Team 5~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooootsss~!!!!!!!!!!! And though I thought we won nothing, we actually won 150 bucks~!!!!!!!!!!!! =) we had a great dinner at BBQ chicken with KY and Serb joining us. Really really awesome time I had for the whole day.


So  after such a tiring day, with 6 papers coming up this week, I wrote them a long long thank you note, that I sent out this morning:

Hey team, was gonna sent thus MSG yesterday but it was 2 so now is a better time. Thanks once again for the participation!! Hope we had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun (and mrts n bus n cc). I really appreciated your effort to come down on a Sunday morning despite ur busy schedules. This is the best team for amazing race ever, will contact u again for future events like this =) despite all the funds n running n fatigue, I really feel its worth everything for that day! U all came from a diversity of streams n schools, yet I received so many compliments for ur team being the best, the most cooperative, most enthusiastic, most resilient... Etc... It really brings me joy to have the honour to manage this team. Furthermore, we conquered the temptation to cab and stayed true to integrity and sportsmanship, I'm really really really proud!!! I could go on and on but I gotta slp for exam tmr 9 so have a good rest, have a great week ahead, and may success n serenity shower on u in anything n everything u do!!!!!! Best regards, ur awesome manager Kaya Yap =)
  
The amazing race was really fun, the performers, especially the first timers, were all so awesome~!! I thought that they were the best first times I had ever seen, did not blank out and screw up too much. I think they had lots of confidence in the trainings.

So then I thought, I might have the answers as to why despite all the activities and fun I had, I always feel so empty inside, especially at night, like something somewhere is missing a piece. I guess, of all the fun, I did it in a hope that years down the road, we can have such fun again. Perhaps it wasn’t that my self concept is high, but rather the fear of isolation is high. I guess Jacky Wu might feel this way too, that we are always so crazy and enthusiastic in events, but after all these, I think we are all just very lonely people. Perhaps is not that I try to “Gei Khiang” or “organise too much activities”, rather the activities come to me by showing themselves, then I grab people to join them, creating a vibrant Singapore teenhood life. I can always relax at home, watch movies, and not go for any activities, but hey, these are not what life is about, life is about people, about interaction, about interconnectedness. I am also busy with much stuffs, but I would still try my best to compliment with everyone’s timing, to get the most fun out of everyone. Tiring, but worth it.

This was the best amazing race team ever, that really filled me with joy, as the praises and compliments piled up as we move along the tasks. I hope my team had as much fun too, I received many great replies, these are the propellers of my life, that made me feel great about bring fun and laughter into people’s lives, connecting people together. I guess this is more of myself.

 “Hahaha! : ) Thanks Manager! :p”

“good job team manager ^^”

“:D thanks kaya!”

“Good night man, thanks for today! Good luck for your exams tomorrow!”

“Hey thanks for sponsoring us nbring us tgt! And helping us with the race too!! Had loads of fun today : )”


No comments: