Tuesday, June 7, 2011

zzz... been a busy week, wonder where should i start...

alright lets start on last fri, went to bowl with the SCC kids, had a really awesome time, i got a great group who seemed to keep striking haha =D oh yea, oh Colin's mum was there too, she seemed nice, rather assertive in her decisions, but mostly for his good I could see, perhaps that was a great opportunity to get closer to him, since many staffs had agreed I should influence him more. After that went to Tai's house, he showed me this horoscope thing that I swear is super freaky~!! It literally narrates my whole personality like a crystal glass. It even wrote that I used to be very introverted and do not really share my insights and problems to other people, which I have changed now. It is accurate to the extent that I'm very sociable, and people like to approach me for help, but lack of really strong bonds. It described me as someone who loves receiving encouragement too, and that I often do not know myself and my personality. Hmm... one day I should summarize the whole thing here....

Anyway, sat was the dumpling day~!! wrapping 10,000 dumplings for the elderly and needys at jurong west~!! really grateful for Jane and Delia to come down, forsaking their studies, to come to help, I'm very touched.... Met Jane's brother, he was very unhappy about it since he was dragged into it involuntarily, poor guy, but couldnt do anything because I cant just play bball to avoid people gossiping and such, sigh... Well, he looked like someone with bright future though =) and OMG his scrabble is.. crazy....

Okay, dumpling making is fun, and hilarious, haha I had a total of 4 coaches, and at one instance, I had 2 coached both at my right and left, coaching me at the same time! The funny thing is, they two are completely ying and yang~!! One told me that due to the lousy leaves, we have to extend it using 3 leaves so that it is long enough for us to wrap, but another said that beginners should just use 2 and produce small dumplings. Then the former one also insisted that we should squeeze the rice for the shape to form, yet another frown at it because she claimed that it would take longer for it to steam and wouldnt taste as nice. Then she also said that we should wrap big dumplings to sell, and again the other one said that since it is for charity, people would be willing to pay for small dumplings.... real joke~!!!!! haha~!!! oh yea i heard at sx's side, an auntie picked up a huge uncut mushroom and commented, "wah~! you wanna choke the old folks~!!" hahahahaha, really awesome fellows.

Besides dumpling making, I learnt the whole process of making dumpling, from preparing ingredients, scrubbing leaves, washing rice, cooking, steaming, and QC-ing, and storage-ing, almost all the jobs there. And on sun, I learnt how to be the event coordinator, being in charge of solving impromptu problems like rearranging performance schedules, calming performers, making sure the show goes on despite everything in chaos, the only thing I was pissed is that the emcee allowed a small girl to sing while the audience are all focused on the flag off for the delivery car's to send the dumplings to the homes. A great weekend I must say, I learnt alot. =D

On monday, I went to SCC after my POM exam. The exam was not as tough as I thought, someone up there was really kind to me for not killing me through the paper, I should be able to do rather well, looks like doing good deeds does increase karma =) Anyway, yea SCC was shorthanded that day, so glad I went to help out, and easing Shi Hua's role, had a great chat with her too, and learnt some recurring flaws in the organization - a great insights of office politics. I must say generally all the staff in SCC are awesome people, Auntie Imm is flexible to changes and would carry out affirmative actions and suggestions on the spot without much delay, she could handle all kids from p1 to p6, and could manage the whole organization well despite her age. It is these people that had made SCC run-able and fun. Auntie Margaret is also a strong women, balancing work and her family problems under serious conditions. Frankie is able to guide the kids from young the right way, and Auntie Rita is able to balance 2 work as well, and can handle her class in an unique way - a great auntie to speak to too~ Shi Hua was admirable, since she's new and have such capability to solo her work and taking charge of lots of things, its a pity she decided to leave. Sigh, may someone up there bless SCC to continue having such awesome people, and may they be recognized and treated fairly.

At night, I came up with few application questions for my class to apply sociology, revised with them and taught them sociology. They appreciated it, which made me really happy, hope they do well in the paper just now, I had all the definitions and criteria of something questions screwed up since I did not bother to remember them as I thought the paper would emphasize more on application rather than bookish die-die-memorize questions.... Oh well, que sera sera...

Im gonna be active in SCC for the next 3 weeks, hope I will continue to make differences. Oh yea, I took up the 'project' to have a sales-boost for the bubble tea shop. Hope I can get hand on experience and may I accomplish it with success and serenity with generous and sincere aids from people around me~!! jyjy KayaOtah~!!!

No comments: