Sunday, May 22, 2011

Today training was quite alright, since cant expect much change from trainees but all the best. And so after than went to eat teppan and went home for a quick bath and rested...

Decided to meet Samy on a last minute decision with Jane. It was always a great visit, as awesome as ever. Noone could read me like a physics textbook better than Samy~! He enlightened me with the description that I'm a passive-aggressive. Yea I think although in many ways I seemed to just go with the flow, dilly dally, que sera sera, I think when it comes to my happiness, I would hold on it tight. As mentioned, I'll never let anyone to deprive me of my rightful share of happiness.

There was once I was with Tai and we mentioned about social awkwardness and first negative impressions, etc... so I said okay if I'm in a situation whereby another person or a group got a problem with me, I can always leave. It will benefit both parties since there will be tensions between the two parties if I stayed on and suppress this 'bean' (inspiration from the princess who is irritated by a bean below her mattress). However in the first place, why would they want to meet up or wait for me in the first place. Oh I think we were talking about latecoming.

So back to my point, yes I can be very cocky at times, to possess such a 'I'm the boss of my own happiness' attitude. Other than that, I would be easy going and laid back, appreciating everyone by their own personal uniqueness and perspectives.

Since I have the whole day to blog today, I'll start summarizing about boundaries, specifically, Internal/External boundaries, internal being thoughts happening inside the body and external being what is outside the body. so basically there's 8 of them.

Projection/Isolation. This is simply whether or not you put yourselves in others shoes. Projection is like you project a person’s image on someone else, so you form a similar impression on the person out of biasness. You lost the distinction between yourself and the projected ‘screen’. Daily life examples are the ability to relate to the scenarios in movies. Isolation is the total opposite, like detaching yourself with empathy itself. People of certain occupation that have to deal with cruelty and such will tend to isolate themselves, though this would mean probably better work efficiency but he/she becomes cold and detached.

Mode. This is basically the distinction between thoughts, feelings and action, which people often mixed up. By inception theory, a thought is the first step of doing the action itself. However, the book gave another perspective, that sometimes we are too reserved. Ting Sheng ZJ gave an awesome statement: 不要吝啬你的掌声 Do not reserve your clap. The very fact that a competitor stepped into the stage to compete is plausible, especially when he did a splendid performance, or not giving up after certain mistakes. This is the spirit of wushu as an art and a sport. So yes, some parents or supervisors are proud with their children or employees, yet they are stuck in the thoughts and perhaps feel boundaries yet did not conquer into the do boundary.

Polarity. In another words, this is the 2 extremes, without this boundary awareness one would make a decision to take only one side, not even 鱼和熊掌不可兼得, it’s totally one or another, no ‘teach him to fish so he can feed himself for a lifetime’ thing. Thus with a boundary one can transform (either/or) into (and).

Threshold. This is one important step to manage the Polarity boundary. This is the awareness of moderation, that enough is enough. Some interesting examples is that many times, people do not realize that they had finish a whole pack of chips or candy because they are too indulged in the initial feeling, that they held on to that despite grabbing for more endlessly. Some held on to an unrealistic definition of success, that they don’t realize how successful his life already is. For a period of time I felt that way, as though all my work is in vain and that I accomplished nothing but wasting my time on earth. This occurs for only a brief period of time, until I saw significant change in a few people around me, and these really woke me up like experiencing a kick while I’m venturing into my deeper levels of consciousness (dreams).

Causality. This is like not able to distinct between real and fantasy that they lost logical thinking. Examples are kids thinking that it was their fault to say "I hate you" to the parent and coincidentally the parent died.

The last 2 are Identity and Time, which is rather straightforward and thus I wont elaborate... thats all folks...

No comments: