Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Poly life is really fun, and I dont miss my sec sch life for any single bit, I think ever since o level is over I have been enjoying this sense of freedom. Though there are still structures and certain pattern in life I must adhere to, I find a lot more freedom than being caged up in the small pathetic classroom without aircons...

Since my 2 days MC, I had found out who are the friends I can trust, and who are the undependable, and ofcoz, what topics to engage conversation with and which have more common to talk and who is simply apathetic. Yet again, I love humans as what they are, especially with some intro in sociology, I appreciate diversity and stuffs like that more. Though I'm still weak to actually make changes to them by influencing, I do satisfy with my observations of the motion and vibrancy.

Nothing lasts forever, not even friends, Samy had labelled me once as the 'lonely one', simply because I had too much connections, that I wont open up completely to any. As sociology had taught me, though within friends we should be truthful and stuffs, there are boundaries and sensitivities, there are personal spaces that we should not mention it or surface certain things even if we know it. Yet I admit, I am more and more open virtually. As society advances, every thing is rapidly changing, even in terms or morality and definitions of what once considered 'common sense' or 'just that way'. Stereotyping steps in too, and we are more and more dramatic, as Shakesphere once said, "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts. We usually give a first impression, then we slowly open up, we slowly discover some of the areas that we should be mindful while engaging with certain people, and certain behaviors and attitudes while hanging out with certain friends, and even the art of conversation, how to keep it alive...

It's really a great experience taking on or participating in different perspectives and to learn and survey about new points of views and beliefs. As Zhigao said too, it would be hard to find a true friend in poly, everyone seemed more competitive, more practical, more selfish, but as we have our common goals, eg project work, effectiveness and efficiency is still there. The common goal is the motivation whereby people disregards everything and put in their utmost effort to reach it. So coming back to a controversial question, are bad guys actually 'good' for they unite people and thus create positive relationship and bonds and trusts among them? Why is it that we are only in one when there is trouble? Megamind is a great movie on that =)

And lastly I would like to end this post by mentioning few of the wisest song in my pov: Let It Be, Que Sera Sera, esp let it be, is one of the most profound ideas I could ever find, that encompasses the entire range of the world's philosophy. Right thats it for my short 30mins time of blogging, sweet dreams folks (or blogger).... Highly doubt anyone read anyway...

No comments: