Thursday, April 28, 2011

Had the worst headache in history, i've never had a headache that last longer than an hour, more to say one that woke me up from sleep on the wee hours of monday, and lasted until now... sigh, went to the western doctor since sinsei is not recognized as a MC for my tutorials. Anyway, school was great, especially sociology, it's basically awareness of your society and challenge what others find common sense and social norms, we ask whether it is the most effective way, whether it is still relevant, etc, yet we respect different culture and would not enforce changes, just observation. Public speaking should be easy, and surprisingly today's lecturer was good, was engaging, was hilarious, i think it is some business module.

Besides that my life till now seemed to be having screw ups here and there, like incorrect registration for nationals competition, stuffs like that, hmm, maybe it's time for me to learn to say no from responsibilities haha. Comical, today I was walking through the tp cca fair, then all I ever signed up was squash, and the rest are 'non-commitment' ccas like nyaa, healthy living, toastmasters, ambassador, adventure, etc... basically they would email me when there's an activity and I can sign up for it or simply ignore.

I think I really love poly life, compared to sec sch life, despite ending lessons at 6 or 8, cuz there will be breaks in between modules, and tp has a great library of 10 stories for me too~ lecturers do not mind us not paying attention, there are lots of fun activities, projects, this is completely awesome, completely free.

Sadly, in SCC, things seems to not get any better, frequency of fights and conflicts is increasing. Even a casual game of hantam bola is turned into a platform to target on the few eye-sorers. Sigh, maybe it's just me, but our days used to be fun, at least as they gang up against me, and i fool around, joke around, stunt around, they have their laughs i have my entertainment, it was all perfect. Of course they are still close in contact with me, some called when I was sick, I'm really grateful and touched, some even nagged like a mother, 'dont do this', 'remember to do that', haha, life's fun.

Spoke with a new staff/volunteer today, she gave me feedback on a certain child. He seemed willing to study, yet he is just slow and stuck 2 or 3 grades behind others. Yes I do sympathize with him, however I always feel that there's nothing we can really do but to help whenever he needs it. I mean we cant give him goals and targets, I dont think giving pressure is beneficial to him, I believe he will excel in other things besides academy, though yes primary is the most fundamental education requirement to survive in perhaps singapore. Life will find a way larh, therefore actually I think that in time, I might propose a skill training too, but is musical, meaning a group each day or so will be brought to the piano or guitar or whatever instrument they are interested in, and will teach them slowly from scratch. This is because music can actually make you a better person, perhaps more high-classed, more civilized, more calm, more appreciative to the diversity around them. Perhaps, we might even have weekly line dance classes? or any activities that they can discover their ecstatics talents.

Anyway, some interesting sociology questions, why do people stare at the lights in lifts, and faced to door. I think it is because people are always awaiting for the next activity, the next thing, the next action, so they are ready to go out, since normally people are rushing. Also, the look at the lights cuz firstly personal space, it will feel awkward when we are facing each other nose to nose, thus we usually look up for sort of fresh air, it's like sort of personal space. An imaginary territory and you do not want the presence of others to be inside, not even breath. Singapore has fair personal space already, in other countries, I doubt it is possible, they would squeeze like sardine, to the last millimeter. Then next is we tend to look at something in motion, we do not like to stone, so we stare at the light.

Next, why is the bus designed to enter at the front, exit behind? the history is yes last time, the bus system would have you to pay bus ticket, thus we have to approach the bus driver. However now with the ezlink system, the bus driver will still need to monitor whether everyone taps, thus it is easier to monitor when we enter only at the front. =) cool, awaiting more questions on our daily life =)

Kay i started to feel a little headache now, should get some rest soon....

No comments: